Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my seat in today to have it remodelled and recovered in leather and alcantara to look like the Mugello one. As the foam needs to be cut out quite a lot they are fitting a gel pad, and as I don’t like things too bright they are doing the 1100 in black to make it more subtle. Here’s the Mugello one.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
What are the benefits of going this route? I contacted mugello and they said it is built to order and they can do it however you want (specifically the 1100 in black and the other embroidery as well). The lead time for them was 8-10 weeks with 2-3 weeks shipping.

Are you getting a better deal?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I contacted Mugello and they said their seat needs the additional side panels as it uses a different seat pan.
My seat is built to my spec. As discussed with the seat man eg the 1100 on the side of the seat in black to be more subtle. Also with remodelling an existing seat it already has the shaped foam as a starting point. To shape the seat a lot of foam needs removing so a gel pad is being fitted.
I took my seat in Monday I may get it back on Friday all done in leather and alcantara. And I don’t have to pay until I collect, a little expensive but IMO worth it @£300. Also no shipping problems from Bangkok just collect 20miles from home and any defects just take it back. I know the quality of his work as he’s done a seat for me before.
Also I just thought importing from abroad to the U.K. will incur customs charges.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What was the damage? Total turnaround time?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not too bad, if it's comfortable. It looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts