Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted a Pyramid Plastics headlamp visor to my icon.
Would like to adjust the position off the headlamp it self, is that possible. I know I can adjust the headlight, but what about the lamp ?
As you can see in the picture the lamp is off by maybe ½ inch.
Can't adjust the visor it is attached by the turn signals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you stick with the stock mounting bracket, the headlight can only tilt about the center axis of the headlight. Any vertical adjustments would lnvolve modifying the existing bracket or getting a new one.

The stock cafe racer bracket runs about an inch lower than the other models.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw your response on FB. I think I am not understanding your question. The lamp assembly itself does not move, it only tilts.

If you want to adjust the light beam, then you have to adjust the spring loaded allen bolt that is accessible from behind you headlight assembly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to adjust the beam. I want to tilt the head lamp it self up maybe one inch.
How do I do that. I suppose I have to loosen some bolts somewhere ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
When looking from the rear to the front of the bike, you will see the 5mm allen headlight adjustment screw on the right side. (Circled in red)

Turning the screw clockwise will tilt the headlight up, whereas turning it counterclockwise will tilt it down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Tried that but I did not think it changed anything.
Maybe the lamp is hold by the fairing, so it can't move.

I'll try it again

·
Registered
42 Posts
When looking from the rear to the front of the bike, you will see the 5mm allen headlight adjustment screw on the right side. (Circled in red)

View attachment 44554

Turning the screw clockwise will tilt the headlight up, whereas turning it counterclockwise will tilt it down.

View attachment 44555
any idea what the thread of that screw is? I need a longer one for my new headlight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have no clue, but it is part number 77941952a. I'll see if I have a spare I can measure the thread from.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I don't want to adjust the beam. I want to tilt the head lamp it self up maybe one inch.
How do I do that. I suppose I have to loosen some bolts somewhere ??
The headlight bulb is fixed to the headlight itself. It’s not like a car, where you can tilt the bulb up or down, to adjust the headlight low/high beam. The screw behind the headlight physically tilts the entire headlight forward or back at the bottom.

So if you tilt the entire headlight back or forward, you will mess with the headlight beam alignment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts