Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new to me Icon a couple of days ago. I'm a little confused by the headlight behavior and would like someone to clear this up for me. I assumed that the LED guide ring light would act like a daytime running light and be the only thing illuminated during the day. However, the couple of times I've ridden so far, it appears the low beam center light is on as well. Is there ever a time that only the ring LED is on?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The only time when only the ring is lit is when the engine is off....

Daytime low beam is mandatory in some regions, so it's always on when the engine is running.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only time when only the ring is lit is when the engine is off....

Daytime low beam is mandatory in some regions, so it's always on when the engine is running.
Too bad! Lots of PR images out there give the impression that you'll be riding around with only that cool halo light on. Oh well...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm surprised someone hasn't worked out a hack for this...
And thanks for asking the question... I'd been wondering the same myself...

·
Registered
954 Posts
I’m pretty sure that on ours the LED and the low beam are both on during normal riding. When I look in my mirrors I’m sure I can see both the slightly yellow low beam with a very white outer circle. Must check next time I get the bike out you only need to look at it with the engine running while its on the stand.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I’m pretty sure that on ours the LED and the low beam are both on during normal riding. When I look in my mirrors I’m sure I can see both the slightly yellow low beam with a very white outer circle. Must check next time I get the bike out you only need to look at it with the engine running while its on the stand.
Your mirrors in front of your headlight then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts