Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Has anyone put a headlight protector on their bike? I am thinking it would be a good idea as I know stone chips can damage and a headlight is an expensive item, on previous bikes I've had powerbronze protector in a darker than clear plastic Light tint I believe in whatever they use, I don't want a wire one as I have seen Ducati do, but I have seen powerbronze do a clear one, so I am thinking of going for that as you can then see the X with logo in the middle still with a clear one. Here is website, what do other people use?

DUCATI ,SCRAMBLER, 15-18 440-D160B

·
Registered
733 Posts
No... but initially I thought the 800 one may fit... but the indicator mount is different... so not sure the 800 will work on 1100.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Di
Hi Guys

Has anyone put a headlight protector on their bike? I am thinking it would be a good idea as I know stone chips can damage and a headlight is an expensive item, on previous bikes I've had powerbronze protector in a darker than clear plastic Light tint I believe in whatever they use, I don't want a wire one as I have seen Ducati do, but I have seen powerbronze do a clear one, so I am thinking of going for that as you can then see the X with logo in the middle still with a clear one. Here is website, what do other people use?

Did the protector reduce the strength of the beam?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Clear plastic screen covers get dirty, degrade optically in sunlight and have a habit of reflecting light back at the rider from the top edge of the screen. Often they are bad news on bikes with windscreens,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys

Check this out. He installs one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts