Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a feeling it's similar to the Italia Independent. You have to take off the indicators first, then the cowl comes off. Don't quote me on this, and careful because if the front indicators are anything like on the Italia, they are a pain the ass to remove and put back on...only because the spacing to put your wrench from the inside to hold the nut while you unscrew the light is really tight and awkward angle.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You have to take off the indicators first, then the cowl comes off.
To get the indicators off first you need to take the lens over off then pull the bulb assembly out of the housing then disconnect the white and black wires on the back of the bulb assembly. The wires then pull through the indicator stalk as you remove it. If you don't you have to remove the tank and find where the indicator wires plug into the loom and disconnect them there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Old thread but asking here since I'm having the same issue.
I have the indicators off and it's still held by what looks like a bolt behind the ignition but I can't reach it.
Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did it and it's not very difficult. You'll need to remove the entire headlight assembly. This video will help:
I did not have to reroute my ignition but I believe the dealership did that for me when they installed my NRG turn signals that could cut out an entire step.
Once the headlight is off you'll have to remove 3 screws. Simple as that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you like the light output/performance of that LED headlight?
So far so good. It definitely seems brighter than stock and I like the look. I would say it's not as nice as the $1000 adaptive headlight but I'm not about to drop that much money on a headlight.

I also just wrapped my exhaust with DEI titanium wrap which looks pretty dang good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So far so good. It definitely seems brighter than stock and I like the look. I would say it's not as nice as the $1000 adaptive headlight but I'm not about to drop that much money on a headlight.

I also just wrapped my exhaust with DEI titanium wrap which looks pretty dang good.
Nice! Was the wrap hard?
I have the same headlight and concur, I. really like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! Was the wrap hard?
I have the same headlight and concur, I. really like it.
The wrap was not hard. Take your time and watch some videos. I ordered the 2" x 25' roll which was JUST enough. I'd recommend getting the 50 foot just to avoid any headaches. Like other fiberglass wraps, it will smoke a lot when you run your bike to cure it. I would run it outside or go for a 30 to 40-minute ride and it'll burn off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The wrap was not hard. Take your time and watch some videos. I ordered the 2" x 25' roll which was JUST enough. I'd recommend getting the 50 foot just to avoid any headaches. Like other fiberglass wraps, it will smoke a lot when you run your bike to cure it. I would run it outside or go for a 30 to 40-minute ride and it'll burn off.
good to know! Thanks. Which one did you order?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to resuscitate and old thread, just wondering if you've all got Cafe Racers? I'm interested to know if the headlight fairing would fix on an Icon. I think it'd come down to the gauge clamp, but don't know if that's in the same position or not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to resuscitate and old thread, just wondering if you've all got Cafe Racers? I'm interested to know if the headlight fairing would fix on an Icon. I think it'd come down to the gauge clamp, but don't know if that's in the same position or not.
Honestly, I bet it would but I would confirm with the dealer as all the models have minor differences in connections.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found some service diagrams and it looks besides the fairing, the mount itself is different - but I'm sure it's a path that could be explored.

To be honest I'm surprised there's not more aftermarket options out there. Besides the pyramid plastics one (which is ugly IMO), all the other options are very loose around/above the headlight, giving an unpolished/floaty look.

I was even conceptualising a fairing like the R Nine T Urban's, but I think I'd need to brush up on my 3D modelling skills and get something printed to achieve that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found some service diagrams and it looks besides the fairing, the mount itself is different - but I'm sure it's a path that could be explored.

To be honest I'm surprised there's not more aftermarket options out there. Besides the pyramid plastics one (which is ugly IMO), all the other options are very loose around/above the headlight, giving an unpolished/floaty look.

I was even conceptualising a fairing like the R Nine T Urban's, but I think I'd need to brush up on my 3D modelling skills and get something printed to achieve that!
One step at a time! Haha so I got a new gas cap.
20200805_191311.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that a trick - how do you open it? I've got a Rizoma cap on order, but it still uses the existing fitting (and the bolt connecting it are there for everyone to see). I haven't seen this one before though 👀

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is that a trick - how do you open it? I've got a Rizoma cap on order, but it still uses the existing fitting (and the bolt connecting it are there for everyone to see). I haven't seen this one before though 👀
Just screw the top off. Look up mugello gas cap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Next cap? I thought it was raised. I've got a seat and side panels getting made there, I think they'll arrive around 2024.

1597296418601.png

1 - 19 of 19 Posts