Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my scrambler cafe racer and I noticed that the headlights are always running so the DRL don't even show off. I was wondering if there's any way of turning the headlights off and I haven't find it or if that is the way it is.

I really haven't find anything about this in the forums so I would like to know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
All motorcycles run with the headlight on at all time.

Its a safety measure to help prevent you from dieing.
Not now. Many new 2018 and 2019 bikes from the likes of Triumph, BMW Moto Guzzi and Ducati now have LED DRLs incorporated into the headlight that can be used in leiu of having the light on low beam.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ive never seen a bike with the engine on, Not have the headlight on. (unless some kind of switch was wired in. I did this on my old honda CB550)

I could be wrong of course.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Depends on the region where you live. When I started riding in the late 80's /early 90's in Europe, many bikes could still be run without any lights on...

Bikes imported from the US had their lights always on (which was an easy way to detect a gray import bike).

·
Registered
890 Posts
ive never seen a bike with the engine on, Not have the headlight on. (unless some kind of switch was wired in. I did this on my old honda CB550)

I could be wrong of course.
Compulsory headlights on only came in in most countries in the late 1970s through early 1980s. Prior to that all bikes had switches that were on/low/high.
Here in Australia they made headlights on complusory then they were not compulsory for a while then in the early 1990s they became complusory again.
Now that the latest bikes have LEDs as part of the headlight owners can usually select between using the LED or the low beam. There is always a light on but the rider can choose which one. For some reason Ducati chose not to allow the rider to have a choice on the early model Scramblers.

·
Registered
890 Posts
… Possibly just to satisfy multiple regions in one fell swoop?
Yes it was probably the easy way to make a one size fits all bike back when the Scrambler was released originally.
I think the 2019 model 800s have the ability to have the DRL or low beam or am I reading the specs wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts