Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had the Ducati dealer install new lower bars and heated grips on my 2022 Scrambler Icon, and almost all was good, almost. The lower bars work better for me and the heated grips do the job nicely. But not so good is the throttle grip is now loose, looser than it was before the heated grips and loose enough that it shimmies and jiggles slightly when I go over anything but smooth roads at slow speeds. It's annoying and distracting but worse than that because it's jumping around up down in and out
it interferes with my ability to smoothly and precisely control the throttle, the most important control on the bike..
So no biggie, thinking it was a simple fix I took it back to the dealer - and find out that not only is it not a simple fix, the dealer says there is no fix at all. Nothing they can do. That's the way it is if you want heated grips on the Scrambler. Huh, really. ISomething to do with the throttle control unit is a sealed unit and cannot be adjusted.
I’m not necessarily doubting what the dealer said, I don't see why they wouldn't fix it if they could, yet it seems like a fairly serious and not too complicated design flaw for Ducati to it let slip thru the cracks..

· Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like they may have missed the adhesive part of the install??

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for mentioning the adhesive, according to my Duc dealer they won't apply the adhesive to the handlebar, it's a safety issue because it can cause the throttle to stick.. I also found a youtube video (
) of an adhesive patch called the RATTLEKILLER that looks very promising but it's only made for Harleys

· Registered
36 Posts
You can try putting a couple of black zip ties around each end and tightening them down real good?? May or may not work but cheap to try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts