Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a few threads and understand that heat coming off the scrambler is normal due to the air cooling system. What I wanted to ask was if you all are experiencing the heat shift from each side of the bike? is this normal?

I've started another thread on an issue i'm having with my bike and want to know if this heat switching is normal, or if the problem I have is switching the heat. My issue is in this forum (https://www.scramblerforum.com/thre...ng-headlight-and-coughing-urban-enduro.38521/)

Appreciate any insights on how the heat work on your bikes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The heat coming from my engine will shift from left to right depending on the wind and which way I'm leaning so hopefully what you're feeling is normal.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It’s a hot bike. No radiator, exhaust right next to your right leg... just Ducati things.

actually kind of nice considering the average UK temperature.

usually I feel the heat on my right side the most but as above, any slight breeze or leaning the bike to one side and I can feel the warm air also come up the left side.

it’s only ever been an issue when not in full riding gear, if I’m being naughty and wearing normal jeans or whatever. Thicker Kevlar Ones seem to shield me from it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jooooooosh. I experience exactly as you have outlined. Lower right heat most of the time especially when the bike is in motion and left when sitting at traffic lights...
Not so bad during the Aussie winter, terrible in the summer!! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I’ll sometimes turn off the engine at red lights known to be long, once a car is behind me. Also while waiting for trains and bridges. At night, will keep the lights on with the engine off.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks Jooooooosh. I experience exactly as you have outlined. Lower right heat most of the time especially when the bike is in motion and left when sitting at traffic lights...
Not so bad during the Aussie winter, terrible in the summer!! ;)
I'm in the Inner West and often get caught on King Street. Man that gets hot! but as above, it is normal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In summer in SC, USA with ambient temp 90F+ heat can be a annoying at traffic stops. I never feel unpleasant heat while in motion. I also never feel unpleasant heat on the left side stopped or not. Maybe you should upgrade your riding gear?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with everyone here who's suggested an upgrade in riding gear. A good pair of overpants can make heat a non-issue. But it was the Scrambler that helped me discover that I ride with my right heel resting against the crankcase. How, you may ask, did I discover this?

New boots will be on order for next summer :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I agree with everyone here who's suggested an upgrade in riding gear. A good pair of overpants can make heat a non-issue. But it was the Scrambler that helped me discover that I ride with my right heel resting against the crankcase. How, you may ask, did I discover this?

New boots will be on order for next summer :)
I ride 'tight' to the bike with my boots too. Pisses me off as I've scuffed a fair bit of the finish here and there on the bike. But there you go ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts