Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or thought about wrapping the header pipes on an 1100? Looks nice on some bikes. Helps control the temp on the right side as well. I'm probably going to give it a try.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrapped my 800 and it's definitely made some difference to the right hand side heat.
Cool. Think I'm going to give it a try. The only downside I can think of is; if it leaves a residue when it comes off soon or in the future.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Also someone that removed their wrap said it was the itchiest thing they'd ever done. If not for that I'd definitely consider it.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
You could always polish them back to full shine. May take some elbow grease, but it can be done.

(to be fair, most exhaust wraps fade in color over time, which makes them look a bit ghetto imho. I wouldn't do it. Maybe just under the right side heat shield....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could always polish them back full shine. May take some elbow grease, but it can be done.

(to be fair, most exhaust wraps fade in color over time, which makes them look a bit ghetto imho. I wouldn't do it. Maybe just under the right side heat shield....
Noted. Thx for your opinion!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've worked with fiberglass, can deal with that, but do you know if it left any un-removable residue behind? My headers are chromed for whatever that's worth
I don't have first hand experience, but I've heard that once you wrap the pipes, it pretty much ruins them if you remove the wrap. I dont know how easy/hard it will be to polish off the adhesives after they've been essentially burned on. Perhaps the chrome might be easier, but those headers on the 1100 classic are so nice, I'd be hesitant to experiment with wrap.

FWIW, after I added the mid pipe and race cans, reflashed the ECU and deleted the servo completely, my 1100 now runs drastically cooler. I know that's a bigger lift than doing the wrap, but worth every penny!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was on the fence, but leaning towards not wrapping at this point. Thanks for the input! As soon as I get my tuner the mid pipe goes on and everything else goes off. I know it'll run better and way cooler. Very much looking forward to that!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts