Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if the dealer needs to activate anything in the ECU when installing the OEM heated grips on the Nightshift? I looked at the installation instructions from Ducati and it specifically says you need to activate them with a diagnostic tool for the Monster but doesn't have that step for the Scrambler.

I'm assuming you don't but want to confirm as the nearest dealer is a six hour drive so don't want to get the grips if I can't install them myself.

Did a quick search on the forum but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes they need to be activated by a dealer. I'm assuming they are the same as the earlier Scramblers. Once the bike is started the engine start button is used to control the heated grips and their status is displayed on the speedo screen.

· Registered
10 Posts
Yes they need to be activated by a dealer. I'm assuming they are the same as the earlier Scramblers. Once the bike is started the engine start button is used to control the heated grips and their status is displayed on the speedo screen.
I have dealer installed heated grips on 2022 icon and they are turned on and controlled - off, low, med, high - by the left side up-down control button with the status displayed on the dash screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts