Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heated grips are on the shopping list for the bike we are looking at but I can't find any info about how thet are operated.
Can somebody please post a photo of the button or switch that controls the factory heated grips and advise how many heat settings they have.
I guess they other important question is do they work? Are they just mildly warm like some or are that the burn your hands after 10 minutes type of grips?

Foer some reason my other half has decided that this is not the way she wants to keep her hands warm in future.
img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1238/619437849_50378ee746_z.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Heated grips are on the shopping list for the bike we are looking at but I can't find any info about how thet are operated.
Can somebody please post a photo of the button or switch that controls the factory heated grips and advise how many heat settings they have.
I guess they other important question is do they work? Are they just mildly warm like some or are that the burn your hands after 10 minutes type of grips?

Foer some reason my other half has decided that this is not the way she wants to keep her hands warm in future.
img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1238/619437849_50378ee746_z.jpg[/img]
They work by pressing the start button. Hit it once (when the bike is running of course) and they come on low, twice for mid level and three times for high. I've found them more than adequate for Sydney temperatures. Not sure I'd be as happy in the UK where I hail from but who knows. They're also a more comfortable grip in my opinion as they don't have the very pronounced ridges the original rubber grips do.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. I guess that means they are dealer fit only as well.
Is there any indicators about the temp or do you just use the palm of your hand gauge? On my Triumph the button glows with two different colours depending on the heat setting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The first time you hit the start button you just see the current setting displayed on the instrument panel. Successive presses cycle the state between off, low, med, high. They work pretty well. I’m in Norway and I find them essential. On high they get pretty hot if you aren’t using insulated gloves.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What Evil said... There's a clear set of icons displayed in the LCD speedo thing. It's been a while since I used them but they do get surprisingly hot on 'high' - I only have light-weight summer riding gloves.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks that has answered all my questions about the grips so now its on to the next question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts