Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned before I am still waiting for my heated grips. I bought my bike in October with heated grips included.
I phoned in December to find out what was happening and was told they were in so made an appointment to have fitted. Rode in and waited to be told they are the wrong ones.
Waited and waited still nothing so phoned again and was told middle of February. Heard nothing so phoned again and emailed the CEO. Got a call from the parts manager to tell me about the part number issue like Simon had posted and I had told them 4weeks earlier. He gave me a date of March 8th for delivery. That has now come and gone with again no contact. I phoned to speak to the parts manager who didn’t come to the phone just a message to say now middle of March.
Now that p****d me off emailed the CEO again and sent a complaint email to customer service at Ducati Headquarters.
Sorry for boring you all but got it off my chest.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's very irritating. It's one thing that things get delayed and sometimes it's at no fault of a dealer but the least they can do is communicate in stead of letting customers hear nothing and act more or less indifferent or even irritated when you call what's going on.
I can relate still waiting on the Akra ordered in december and everytime it was me who had to call what's going on and every time I didn't get much wiser on when it actually will be ready. I stopped calling as I'm fed up by now to the point that I no longer care.
Hope it will get sorted in march because you waited long enough.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Skippy... have you paid?... if not I would be telling them where to go....

Gasman.... I feel your pain... I had similar with the front screen and that was delayed multiple times... every time its me chasing... not the dealer telling me whats going on...

They were for sale on ebay... so I called the dealer.. wheres my part... still waiting Ducati Stock... seems UK is later on the supply list than France or Italy or Germany...

You would assume with things like this.. Ducati would fill live customer orders before selling to dealers for their stock... but I guess they do not care where it goes..

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have told me that the original grips were faulty, overheating and things so any on the market or on bikes now are the faulty ones. The modified ones are not being delivered to Ducati until March 26th hopefully.:angry4:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Skippy... have you paid?... if not I would be telling them where to go....

Gasman.... I feel your pain... I had similar with the front screen and that was delayed multiple times... every time its me chasing... not the dealer telling me whats going on...

They were for sale on ebay... so I called the dealer.. wheres my part... still waiting Ducati Stock... seems UK is later on the supply list than France or Italy or Germany...

You would assume with things like this.. Ducati would fill live customer orders before selling to dealers for their stock... but I guess they do not care where it goes..
No I haven't paid but I do have an agreement with them and I asked them to alter the exhaust so I don't feel this is the correct thing to do. I have no problem with people making a mistake or screwing things up but be honest and don't let me be the one that has to check everytime if there's progress.
That said it doesn't really improve my overall impression of the dealer but there aren't very many Ducati dealers around where I live. When the bike is out of warrenty I will be going somewhere else and future purchases will most likely be online by who ever is the cheapest and reliable source.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW I emailed a complaint to Ducati Italy. They haven’t even acknowledged receipt, this company is really p*****g me off they appear to be too big for their boots.
They now have my money so bollocks to me. Anyway they’re not ever getting any more money I’ll go back to BMW they look after you.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
BTW I emailed a complaint to Ducati Italy. They haven’t even acknowledged receipt, this company is really p*****g me off they appear to be too big for their boots.
They now have my money so bollocks to me. Anyway they’re not ever getting any more money I’ll go back to BMW they look after you.
I've been lucky with the Duke and have no real gripes but this is the stupidity of it isn't it… For the sake of a bit of communication all the hard work done making someone 'switch brands' is undone. I had a similar experience many years ago with Alfa Romeo, perhaps it's an Italian thing ;)

Hope you get sorted one way or the other soon mate. I know it's hardly the point but first-world issues unall that - you're still breathing :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The dealer said in the first instance “well it’s Ducati isn’t it” basically they do what they like. That’s not good enough for me I’ve had many other bikes and never been treated like this so why should I spend my money with them? Because they have some exotic image, I’m far from exotic.
Sorry forgot to say thanks for your comments and interest.
I should be in Australia now but had to cancel the holiday due to health issues. Not a lot going right at the moment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It will be summer by time your heated grips arrive! Feel your pain.
Here in Hong Kong, there is only one Ducati franchise, and they are rubbish. They know they have a captive market and they have you by the balls. You can't even make proper appointments for services, just turn up and take your chances. I've been waiting nearly 3 months for a 12k Desmo service. Grrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The dealer said in the first instance “well it’s Ducati isn’t it” basically they do what they like. That’s not good enough for me I’ve had many other bikes and never been treated like this so why should I spend my money with them? Because they have some exotic image, I’m far from exotic.
Sorry forgot to say thanks for your comments and interest.
I should be in Australia now but had to cancel the holiday due to health issues. Not a lot going right at the moment.
Sorry to hear that mate. Get well soon - An ex-Brit from downunder

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a missed call from Ducati Italy this morning and a follow up email asking for a 1hr. time slot to call me again. I thought great I’m getting somewhere and told them to call between 4-5pm. I’ll let you fill in the rest. Ah well still waiting.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the call from Ducati Italy today. The lady just listened to me and said she will get back to me in 2 days after she has enquired with Ducati U.K. Had no answers or comments whatsoever. Just wait and see what happens if anything.
So to cheer myself up I ordered some new levers.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I would ask them to give you a pair of heated glove liners and bark busters and forget about the grips. Heck, winter is nearly over.

This is a drama story.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had mine on this morning, heated jacket and heated gloves... despite it being warm later in the day... its still chilly at 4.30 am....

So just ride earlier... then you can still appreciate them..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts