Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heated grips have finally arrived after having them on order for the last 5 months. My dealer kindly installed them for free so I don't know whether they came with operating instructions. For those who have not used Ducati heated grips before, they are cleverly operated by holding down the starter button once the bike has started. You can then cycle through off/low/med/high on the main display. I's nice to not have a big, ugly aftermarket switch on the handlebars.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's interesting. On most bikes that would just keep turning the starter motor. Interesting way to do it.

Do the heated grips look any different? Are they fatter than the regular grips? I'm considering a set. The £199 price is a bit steep but I think it will be worth it to avoid adding ugly control boxes.

Is the wiring also neat?

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was in the low 90 degrees F today so it was a cool day. This Winter we will see if I want heated grips. Luckily, they should be in-stock by then.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do the heated grips look any different? Are they fatter than the regular grips? I'm considering a set. The £199 price is a bit steep but I think it will be worth it to avoid adding ugly control boxes.

Is the wiring also neat?
The are of identical thickness. They look identical as well, with the exception of one area. My OEM ones have a raised area in the front where your fingers rest. My heated ones have the same area, but it's probably only raised half as far. It's very subtle. I just measured them with my electronic caliper and the thickness is within .3 mm of the OEM ones. The wiring is neat and tidy. I'm not sure where they plug in yet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I spotted the connectors on mine tucked into the RH side under the tank. I was to be getting them fitted on Sept 15 as I'm away for a fortnight at the end of next week but I had a window of opportunity next Tues so I've re-arranged the booking to get them done then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts