Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my ducati dealer today and the heated grips have there's no ETA still, but finally a price: AUD $380, which is a lot more than the $199 USD I've seen online, but I really wanted a heating solution..

Turns out they had this new battery powered heated glove on display and cost about the same as the grips - except a) it's transferable to any bike, b) it's also a nice waterproof glove and c) it heats more than just the palm.

They're made by Five which is the brand of my favourite summer gloves, so they literally fit as a glove and k got an awesome deal at $290 instead - so now they're charging at home for a planned ride with mates tomorrow night! I'm stoked, and also plan on using them for snowboarding on cold days!

HG1 WP - FIVE

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oxford touring hotgrips easy to fit and about £50.

Absolute bargain.

I had battery powered heated gloves (Weiss) but they didn't last long in terms of power or heat...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They look a really nice glove, I've had heated grips and now have heated gloves. The grips are obviously far more practical but they only heat your palm and in my case the backs of my hands and fingers (which needed most heat) still froze.

I now have Gerbing heated gloves which are brilliant, but the drawback is all the routing of wires into your jacket sleeves :rolleyes:. It's a compromise but worth it for the superior heating. I might try batteries, but not sure how long they will last ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts