Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new here to your forums, looked a bit about heated grips and found some info but was looking to see if anyone had any specific info on the sizing?

The stock grips are a bit awkward for me and don't feel great when I'm holding them. I thought maybe the OEM heated grips will be more comfortable - has anyone had any experience with them and know if it would be a good replacement as far as size goes?

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are the same size, and depending on your model year they might modify the throttle response... The throttle tube is integrated with the grip, the whole assembly is one piece of moulded plastic. For model years 2017 or later the stock grip throttle tube changed to a more progressive response, I don’t think the change was made for the heated grips, at least not in 2017 when I bought mine. FWIW I rather like the 2015-16 style throttle response that came with my 2017 heated grips. Got used to it very quickly.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'd add - I found the heated grips more comfortable as they don't have those huge ridges in them that the OEM rubber grips have.

I'm loving them on those chilly mornings. Not sure how effective they'd be in colder climes but on the east coast of Oz they get a tick from me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts