Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2015 Scrambler Icon and would like to put on heated grips. The ones I have found online are about $250. Seems kinda steep. Who has some they love...I welcome all comments!! Please include a link if possible! Many thanks!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Use the search function, there's more info on here, for starters…

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered some Oxford heated grips from Revzilla. I installed them on my Aprilia Tuono a few years ago and they worked very well. Simple connection to the battery and 5 heat settings. $89 US.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have 3rd party heated grips on three of my motorcycles, and Ducati heated grips on my cafe racer and XDiavel. The Ducati grips are worth it. The Heat Demon pads that go under your stock grips are my second favorite, but they require a lot of work. I will go with factory heated grips for now on when available.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the Ducati shop install the heated grips on both of my Desert Sleds. LOVE them. I was lead to believe that Ducati had to install them because they needed to hook up their computer to the ECU so that the ECU would recgonize the grips and I could turn them on via the stock controls. I really don't know if that's true.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the Ducati shop install the heated grips on both of my Desert Sleds. LOVE them. I was lead to believe that Ducati had to install them because they needed to hook up their computer to the ECU so that the ECU would recgonize the grips and I could turn them on via the stock controls. I really don't know if that's true.
Ducati does not need to install them (I did my own installs of Duc grips on my XDiavel and Cafe Racer), but they do need to activate the heated grip function to allow you to see the option in the display and activate the power to the factory heated grips connectors under the fuel tank. If you simply applied voltage to the grip connectors (that go to the grips and not the connector under the tank), they would work without Ducati's help. In fact, you can do the opposite, too. You can have Ducati activate the heated grips display option and then hook up aftermarket heated grips to the Ducati connectors under the fuel tank and it will work just fine (some Youtube vids on people doing this after the $$$ Ducati grips broke).

I usually wait until the Ducati service department jacks something up on one of my bikes (they always do), and then I ask them to activate settings like this for free (which they do). Otherwise, most dealers will charge you 1/2 to 1 hour of labor (some won't, but most do). You can also negotiate activation during the purchase if you buy the bike from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts