Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2018 Ducati Scrambler 1100
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone- Just introducing myself. Long time rider of 30+ years, mostly Harleys and a few sport bikes in the mix, as well as some off-road bikes. Always wanted a Ducati and the Scrambler 1100 really caught my attention with the looks, design, and test riding it was quite impressive. So I picked up this nice 2018 with 5k miles on it, 1 owner and all service records, from GP Imports Ducati dealer in San Diego. Had a nice ride home back up to LA on it. Plenty of juice for freeway, love that L-Twin torque.

So here are some pics when I got it a few weeks ago, and then below that are how it looks now after some modifications. Removed stock exhaust, installed exhaust valve bypass module, running open pipe with custom tip. Rizoma handlebars, bar-end mirrors, KN race air filter, booster plug (for now until I get the Rexer tuner), carbon fiber covers on side pieces, evotech spools and front engine guard, quick-release gas cap replacement, removed front fender. I added small fairing on front that i ordered from an Italy ebay seller, it is very nice and made of fiberglass.

I personally love the loud exhaust, it is incredibly safer here in LA to have drivers hear you coming. I've been riding all my bikes with loud pipes so that's what works for me- it may not work for you. Soon I will be re-doing the seat cover and shape of seat, and covering the tank side panels in carbon fiber. The Scrambler 1100 is a hell of a bike, very impressive.

This is how I got her- super clean:

After a few weeks and some mods:

Registered
Hello everyone- Just introducing myself. Long time rider of 30+ years, mostly Harleys and a few sport bikes in the mix, as well as some off-road bikes. Always wanted a Ducati and the Scrambler 1100 really caught my attention with the looks, design, and test riding it was quite impressive. So I picked up this nice 2018 with 5k miles on it, 1 owner and all service records, from GP Imports Ducati dealer in San Diego. Had a nice ride home back up to LA on it. Plenty of juice for freeway, love that L-Twin torque.

So here are some pics when I got it a few weeks ago, and then below that are how it looks now after some modifications. Removed stock exhaust, installed exhaust valve bypass module, running open pipe with custom tip. Rizoma handlebars, bar-end mirrors, KN race air filter, booster plug (for now until I get the Rexer tuner), carbon fiber covers on side pieces, evotech spools and front engine guard, quick-release gas cap replacement, removed front fender. I added small fairing on front that i ordered from an Italy ebay seller, it is very nice and made of fiberglass.

I personally love the loud exhaust, it is incredibly safer here in LA to have drivers hear you coming. I've been riding all my bikes with loud pipes so that's what works for me- it may not work for you. Soon I will be re-doing the seat cover and shape of seat, and covering the tank side panels in carbon fiber. The Scrambler 1100 is a hell of a bike, very impressive.

View attachment 47774
View attachment 47775
View attachment 47776

View attachment 47777
View attachment 47778
View attachment 47779
Cool bike! That exhaust is probably hella loud and capable of waking the dead馃槣 It's probably spitting flames too. Wouldn't mind seeing a YouTube video with the sound of the bike driving of and doing a drive by.
My bike still got the cat in place and is already very loud with the Akrapovic end cans without db killers. Enjoy your bike and keep us posted on any updates if you like.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses everyone- Appreciated. So the mods continue lol - Ordered a Rexxer tuner from David, should have that by end of week. I will have the booster plug up for sale, it works great - no complaints - I just want to tune for a bit more more HP/TQ with the shorty pipe, disable the SAI and stop the decel crackling

Added Ducati rim logos, Evotek radiator guard and engine guard, some pics of the front mini fairing ordered from an Italy ebay seller- nice quality. Some better shots of the 3M 2080 Carbon Fiber wrap on side panels (they were silver like the tank panels). Got my new leather seat cover from Italy and some seat gel going to mod that seat up in the coming weeks. Hope everyone is enjoying nice summer riding weather.

Attachments

Registered
How does that carbon fiber wrap work? Is it easy to get right, no wrinkles, etc? Or, finnicky? I'm not a fan of the silver either...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does that carbon fiber wrap work? Is it easy to get right, no wrinkles, etc? Or, finnicky? I'm not a fan of the silver either...
It is very easy to work with- check amazon for best prices- be absolutely sure to get matte 3M 2080 legit vinyl and not the knock-off stuff. you will need a heat gun, vinyl surface prep cleaner, basic set of vinyl squeegee tools / exacto knives, and watch a few youtube videos - it is easy to work with as long as you take the time to watch the basics. you need to heat it a bit to stretch and form it- most folks who fail at this do not heat it and stretch it, it is not finicky material but there is a basic technique. I used to have a vinyl graphics business. Since the stuff is cheap just get a piece 60" by 12" and go to town. screw up a few pieces - no big deal- that is part of the learning curve. it comes off easy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added R&G Racing shock tube cover, "1100 Scrambler" tank protector 3D decal and billet aluminum quick-access gas tank cap assembly. I opted for the dark silver trim on the tank decal because the entire bike is getting blacked out. Sorry the bike is a bit dirty I have been riding the hell out of it heh. The shock tube cover and tank decal are super high quality- the billet tank cap assembly- meh i give it a 6 out of 10. it is great for $20 lol - I had to do a slight bit of modification to get it to sit flush with tank. lets see if it leaks or not, so far so good.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wrapped the gas tank side panels today with CF - came out pretty nice. Also did the tops of the turn signals. I am not sure what to do about logo for the tank panels so for now I stuck on some decent quality Ducati logos over the fastening screw. I might just put the Scrambler stock logo back on- I have pics below showing both logos on the tank for comparison. On the left side of bike I ran the CF pattern horizontal, and the right side I ran it vertical. I couldn't make up my mind which way I liked better so I did both lol.

Ducati sticker logo:

Stock Scrambler logo:

Various pics:

Turn signals w/ CF on top to hide the two fastening screws which I thought were a bit ugly- much better now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. Are you going to wrap the fairing?
Thanks! I thought about it, but it might be too much. It's going to be a pain in the @$$ to wrap and I'm not 100% sure yet I like the fairing lol.

Registered
Cool bike! That exhaust is probably hella loud and capable of waking the dead馃槣 It's probably spitting flames too. Wouldn't mind seeing a YouTube video with the sound of the bike driving of and doing a drive by.
My bike still got the cat in place and is already very loud with the Akrapovic end cans without db killers. Enjoy your bike and keep us posted on any updates if you like.

Registered
I just picked up a 2018 Scrambler 1100, everything is stock yellow. Thanks for all those pics the bike looks amazing. I'm looking to do a ton of mods on it, how did you get the manifold pipes black matte, is that paint or powdercoat?

Registered
2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport

View attachment 47774
View attachment 47775
View attachment 47776

View attachment 47777
View attachment 47778
View attachment 47779
Hello out there,

Just purchased a 2018 Duc scrambler 1100 sport. Your nice machine appears to be a standard. Why did u change your h-bars? Your stock bars had MORE height than the lower stock bars on my sport, so i'm gonna attempt to install a rox 2" riser pivot at the clamping area to gain some height and make my sitting position more upright. Hoping my mod won't require any new cables or lessor mod issues,,,,,,,,when u changed your h-bars, were there swap out issues w cables &/or wiring?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts