Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got delivered my Scrambler Special 1100 4 days ago.
Vey happy with the bike, I put 200 miles taking it easy to break it in as manual says.
I own three other bikes a 2006 1200GS, a 2013 KTM 500 EXC and a 2019 KTM 2019 Adventure.
As you can tell I'm more into the adventure riding thing, done a couple of long multi countries rides.
I wanted something different to add to the stable and ended up with the Scrambler Special.
Of course now is when the mods start and I need some help with them.

Turn signals
US mandatory ugly turn signals are the first thing that needs to go.
I'm thinking on New Rage Led fender eliminator kit and also New Rage led front turn signals.
Any experience with them?
Are easy to install?
Do I need to add a relay?
There is some other similar products to recommend?

Mirrors
I don't think the stock mirrors play well with the aesthetics of this bike.
I'm not a big fan of end bars mirrors. I'm thinking about something a bit retro like rounded ones perhaps aluminum polished one.
Any advice on this?

Exhaust
I can believe how good the stock pipes sound. They are too thick tough and make the bike too fat on the rear end. At some point I'll install Arrows or SC project pipes.

Suspension
This is what I like the less so far in the bike. I'm still playing with the settings but it feel too harsh. I'm not going to start another discussion on suspension setup. I'll join one of the suspension threads instead.

Thank you guys, very happy with the bike and also to join the forum.

Martín

Today in the Catskills, NY

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello! I’m new here as well, just picked up my bike last month.

I have a scrambler icon, so I can’t relate much in terms of exhaust or suspension. However I do have some experience with the New Rage rear tail tidy/indicators - not too difficult, but it’s a bit of a tight install from my experience, the bracket is a wee bit small so fitting the final 2 screws was a pain, but not a deal breaker.
As for front indicators, I went with the Ducati original LED. I didn’t go with new rage because NRC makes the fork front indicators leave a hole where the old indicators were mounted, and they also make the jagged indicator which I felt didn’t flow with the curved design of the bike.
As for mirrors, ducati scrambler makes an oem aluminum mirror (pic included) that I think you might like, but I’d suggest getting a high quality look-alike as the original ducati part is extremely overpriced ($200+)

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Cool bike and welcome! I have the original round billet mirrors by Ducati(they came with my used 800 Scrambler that I uesed to own)and I think they look really nice. I know there is an exact replica of this Mirror without the Scrambler branding on AliExpress for a whole lot less wich might be worth a try. But there probably lot's of other nice round options that are much more fitting then the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,
I got delivered my Scrambler Special 1100 4 days ago.
Vey happy with the bike, I put 200 miles taking it easy to break it in as manual says.
I own three other bikes a 2006 1200GS, a 2013 KTM 500 EXC and a 2019 KTM 2019 Adventure.
As you can tell I'm more into the adventure riding thing, done a couple of long multi countries rides.
I wanted something different to add to the stable and ended up with the Scrambler Special.
Of course now is when the mods start and I need some help with them.

Turn signals
US mandatory ugly turn signals are the first thing that needs to go.
I'm thinking on New Rage Led fender eliminator kit and also New Rage led front turn signals.
Any experience with them?
Are easy to install?
Do I need to add a relay?
There is some other similar products to recommend?

Mirrors
I don't think the stock mirrors play well with the aesthetics of this bike.
I'm not a big fan of end bars mirrors. I'm thinking about something a bit retro like rounded ones perhaps aluminum polished one.
Any advice on this?

Exhaust
I can believe how good the stock pipes sound. They are too thick tough and make the bike too fat on the rear end. At some point I'll install Arrows or SC project pipes.

Suspension
This is what I like the less so far in the bike. I'm still playing with the settings but it feel too harsh. I'm not going to start another discussion on suspension setup. I'll join one of the suspension threads instead.

Thank you guys, very happy with the bike and also to join the forum.

Martín

Today in the Catskills, NY
View attachment 45908
A friend of mine has this bike, the stock exhaust sounds great, and agree with the other mods you plan...keep us posted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the tips!
aa00
What is what you have on under your speedometer?
It looks cool and covers the stock piece of plastic. Where you got it?
I get what you say about the NRC blinkers. Rizoma has some pretty options too but $$$$

Skippy'73
you I look at AliExpress and I found the mirrors you mentioned even with the branding on them. They are quite cheap I may take the chance.

CrabbyErmine
Yes, I love the sound I wish they were a bit slimmer, they protrude a lot with the heat shields.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Ducati scrambler OEM gauge covers (top and bottom) as well as headlight cover and brake fluid reservoir. They are pretty much oem upgrades for some of the stock parts. I got them all for half price or less off eBay.

Edit: if you check around eBay or the for sale section of the forums/facebook group I’m sure you can find a lot of the parts at a decent price. I picked up a set of the oem blinkers for $100 slightly used.

let me know if you need any more information or would like pics of them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the Ducati scrambler OEM gauge covers (top and bottom) as well as headlight cover and brake fluid reservoir. They are pretty much oem upgrades for some of the stock parts. I got them all for half price or less off eBay.

Edit: if you check around eBay or the for sale section of the forums/facebook group I’m sure you can find a lot of the parts at a decent price. I picked up a set of the oem blinkers for $100 slightly used.

let me know if you need any more information or would like pics of them installed.
The bottem cauge cover will fit but the top one only suits the 800. The headlight ring can be used on both and allthough the brake reservoir cover will probably fit the 1100 you won't find a clutch cover reservoir to match it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The top is very different in the 1100 with the extra screen.
I was looking to reservoir covers and is true I can just find ones for the front brakes but not for the clutch. Is the clutch reservoir cover different from the 800 to the 1100?

·
Registered
797 Posts
The top is very different in the 1100 with the extra screen.
I was looking to reservoir covers and is true I can just find ones for the front brakes but not for the clutch. Is the clutch reservoir cover different from the 800 to the 1100?
The old 800 had a cable clutch. On Ali there are very nice covers for the 1100. I'll post a picture later.

·
Registered
797 Posts
20190618_221130.jpg
Here's the brake reservoir cover. They are sold on AliExpress along with the matching clutch reservoir cover but without countersunk screws.There are also many other models and colors but I liked these the best.
The brakelevers are by V-trec. I wouldn't recommand getting brakelevers or other safety vital parts from Ali. The V-trec levers come with Tüv aproval.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the Alien express replica on both of our scramblers - and quality is equal to the original Ducati, maybe it is the original producer. Highly recommended. View attachment 45935
Good to hear! Might be a good idea to order a spare set for those prices. I think they are really nice mirrors and I find them better usable then the stock plastic items.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I can't see any difference to the original! The sound is not louder but a bit muffled! But they are really smaller and it fits much better!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are sold on AliExpress along with the matching clutch reservoir cover but without countersunk screws.There are also many other models and colors but I liked these the best.
Hi Skippy, I ordered the covers from AliExpres.
Do you know remember the size of the countersunk screws you got?
I'm going to try find them online or in my local hardware store while waiting for the covers to arrive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi Skippy, I ordered the covers from AliExpres.
Do you know remember the size of the countersunk screws you got?
I'm going to try find them online or in my local hardware store while waiting for the covers to arrive.
Thanks!
You want to get m4x16(so that's 16mm long) with a raised countersunk head for the best looking fit. If the head isn't raised it will look less nice.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The stock reservoir covers have 2 air vents at the rear of the cover. The aftermarket covers will have them on the left and right side. I asked Ducabike who also sells reservoir covers for the 1100 with air vents on the sides and they say that this isn't a problem. I also never had problems in nearly 2 years. Just to ket you know. I was first worried about that before putting them on so first did some research ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts