Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
How many miles on it?

They are all difficult until first service at around 630 miles - then get a little better but free up to what would be concidered normal by around 1000 miles

But it could also be a clutch adjustment issue too - check the clutch lever free play - as per the manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many miles on it?

They are all difficult until first service at around 630 miles - then get a little better but free up to what would be concidered normal by around 1000 miles

But it could also be a clutch adjustment issue too - check the clutch lever free play - as per the manual.
It has 8 miles

·
Registered
792 Posts
Here she is! Love it, although I’m having a hard time getting it into neutral. Not sure why??
Jealous, wish I’d found a yellow one! Looks great.
Agree with Simon on the neutral thing, it gets much better the more miles go on it.

In the mean time, it’s easier to find neural when the bike is still moving. So might help to click into neutral before you stop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found neutral really tricky on the demo bike I rode. However, my new Full Throttle seems to be ok - it now has around 450 miles on the clock. I tend to select neutral as I am coming to a stop as advised above and almost always fine. Failing that, I blip the throttle slightly to select neutral and that seems to work too - maybe its a placebo effect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
1) Tap "up" into neutral from 1st, not "down" from 2nd, it will get easier with time, especially after first maintenance

2) Do not use your steering column lock function as it seems to be made of glass and others have had to pay to replace theirs

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1) Tap "up" into neutral from 1st, not "down" from 2nd, it will get easier with time, especially after first maintenance

2) Do not use your steering column lock function as it seems to be made of glass and others have had to pay to replace theirs

Welcome to the forum!
Interesting point about the steering lock. My insurance is null and void if my bike is stolen and the steering lock wasn’t on. Difficult to know what is the worst of two evils!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Getting your bike stolen is definitely the worse of two evils. Though being all suited up and going to turn the ignition and having it not work is pretty bad.

Depending on where you are, the odds of getting your bike stolen are usually pretty low, as are the odds your insurance company would actually be able to decline paying a claim based off of zero evidence.

Do a search for "steering lock" or "ignition barrel" on this forum and decide for yourself. For example:

https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/any-others-had-issues-with-their-ignition-barrel.4535/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome! :) Can’t wait to see more pics of your bike!

Neutral is a little challenging for the first 500 miles or so. It definitely sorts itself out with miles, but until then you might sometimes not find neutral when you want to, and on a couple of occasions you may inadvertently slip into neutral when you don’t intend. I saw it maybe twice when going from 4th to 5th range. It hasn’t done it since and I have 4,000 miles on the bike now. I also learned when getting on mine that the Italian gearbox is different than the Japanese bikes I’m used to and will always take a little more work. But I am used to it now.

I was so nervous about riding right during the break in period but I think I did ok. I got good guidance on this board. That’s when I learned what riding “under load” meant. :)

Ugh....I hadn’t heard of the steering lock issue, that is very concerning. I lock mine all the time, have read about two local bikes stolen in the last 24 hours. The Scrambler is so light I would be worried not locking it. I’ll look at wheel locks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts