Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recommend a good helmet lock that would fit nicely on our Scramblers?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was surprised if honest seeing 3 of my friends were using the similar good cycle locks and we ended up securing other friends lids too as using 1m ones. We tbh didn't reckon anyone would nick them but just in case secured to bike for race watching. Didn't actually put it under the seat until coming home as coiled around the front suspension leg. I personally think it's more purposeful as you can attach it to a solid object just to deter than a helmet lock.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm not very security conscious when touring, I did buy disc locks that look like grenades but hardly use them. I really need to step up a bit or I'll regret it one day.
These locks you've shown look like something I could use, they look compact as that's what I don't like, is carrying stuff all over Europe as we travel real light when touring.
What size would you say, palm sized ?

Up-date;

Found it in the UK. Ordered
Thanks, good post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Perhaps it's from living in the SF Bay Area, but I don't go for the locks that leave your helmet hanging off of the side of the bike. Too many stories from friends of having someone piss in their helmet or having the straps cut. I either put my helmet in a locking topcase (still waiting for a rear rack for the Scramble with a decent weight limit) or take it with me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Given they are made by Master they should be decent. Looking at them a second time I can see the usefulness. Shame they don't have a black or yellow one though lol.

Do people really urinate in lids on bikes ?? I tend never ever to leave lids on bikes but at recent years at certain situations I am more trusting now but I tend to hang it up high on the bars ( making sure it cannot fall down and can generally get 2 on the cable. Bear in mind the standard ducati monster ones about 12" long and not exactly thick.
Going to check one out.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Rec
2nd up-date.

Received mine today, perfect for what I want. Light weight and easy/quick to use or I just wouldn't bother.
If I want to go into a café for a short break or a stroll down a street etc. and want to leave the helmets on top of luggage, I'm only looking to prevent a 'snatch and run' and not requiring sooperdooper security for long.

Good spot, cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

First post. I have given this a lot of thought lately as my gear is nice and I don't like to carry it around off the bike. Arai Corsair V helmet and Alpinestars Oscar jacket.

What I came up with is OEM Buell Ulysses helmet lock mounted to frame for quick stops (safe location grocery store, stuff like that) where I don't want to have to take off my seat to access my lock. This can also be rekeyed for the oem key I believe! This goes through the D ring on helmet.

Then underneath the seat I have a 4ft x .48 inch Ongaurd keyed lock that I will use for longer less safe stops, lock through the chin of my helmet and through the sleeve of my jacket, to the frame of the bike.

For me it was the best sounding solution.

Matt

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just lock whatever you are locking to the passenger footpeg bracket. Won't scratch it. I keep one of these in the Scrambler's trunk under the seat...really handy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use a helmet lock purchased from motorcycle super store that I have mounted to the handle bars. They blend well on the bike and are easy to use. I'll post pics when I get to my big computer or look for my post about this over on the "other" Scrambler forum in the What did you do to your scrambler today threads.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use a helmet lock purchased from motorcycle super store that I have mounted to the handle bars. They blend well on the bike and are easy to use. I'll post pics when I get to my big computer or look for my post about this over on the "other" Scrambler forum in the What did you do to your scrambler today threads.
Here are the pics of the helmet locks I use:

With the helmets attached:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I run my lock through the chin bar, It is too easy for someone to cut the strap if the want a helmet. People in the states are Jerks.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Jerks are not just limited to the USA. But to be honest you have more than your fair share ;)
Agreed, but I believe that on a "per-capita" basis - Scotland may just have the highest density.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts