1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
k i got the ebay one! but it came with no instructions.

anyone want to teach this idiot what goes where?

EDIT: now that im actually at my bike, i can see distinct spots where this can go. but where do the black spacers go? in between the lock and bike? or between the screws and lock?

·
Registered
209 Posts
What's the difference between Japanese and Chinese construction besides the price?

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Japanese one - could well be made in the same place in China... so you could be just paying more for the same thing..

In General... if its genuine, Japanese manufacture, materials and quality are higher than Chinese... but there are always exceptions...

For something like this .. I would not pay the extra.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good call. How much was the luggage rack

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I guess it depends whereabouts you ride but I just fasten mine to the frame just under the seat (requires seat to be popped off). Very difficult to get to the strap to steal it but not impossible. I work on the rule nobody would want my dank disgusting helmet bad enough to bother even trying. In fact sometimes I just hang it off the pillion foot peg ;)

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 3.39.38 pm.png

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used to clamp my seat down on the helmet strap for my 80 dollar half shell Daytona. Worked fine for a semi-automatic bike and a cheap helmet.

My 400 dollar LS2, however, I'm not willing to part with, and was concerned about damaging the tray or the trim on the Ducati.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I hear y'. No damage though – the helmet strap just hangs around the frame, I guess if you rode around like this you'd get some friction marks from the strap. And I still have a helmet after 4 years :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts