Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in a complex, so there's no opportunity to create storage in the garage next to our bikes.

We bring our stuff in and currently have been placing our helmets into the square storage (KALLAX) from IKEA.

It's not the best, since we have Sena communicators and my wife mounts her Drift Camera on the top of her helmets... it's a tight squeeze and things getting scratched, or the Sena making it sit all crooked...

ALAS, I've been looking at ideas to possibly mount the helmets on the wall which would allow all the fixin's on the helmet to free from getting hit and such.

Wanted to know anyone's thoughts or experiences from certain types out there.

I've read that you could compress the padding depending on which mount you use.

I'm also looking for something modern, and hopefully doesn't stick out too far off the wall since our entryway is pretty narrow.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Do the chin strap up and loop it over a standard coat hook. The helmet will sit with the lower edge towards the wall.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Alaska Leather makes a product call the helmet hitch I really like. We have a bunch, I just wait and buy when they go on sale. Here’s what it looks like in use. We have them in both our Ducati room and in our garage. View attachment 35611

Current: ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘16 Scrambler Icon
Sold: ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, but since I have a Sena Communicator, being flush up against the wall isn't ideal.

This is the Aerostitch Wall Mount. Allows for anything on the side or top to have some clearance, and gloves can be placed behind it.
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.43.17 AM.png

Anyone have experience with this? I most likely am leaning towards these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts