Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, just changed my battery for the first time on my 2015 Scrambler Full Throttle. Pretty good it lasted 5 years!

As I put the new battery in, I noticed there was an extra terminal on the negative side. From what I recall when I took the original one out, there were only two on each side. Did I miss a third one for the negative side or should there be one just hanging out by itself?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The extra negative terminal is for the ABS unit. It was connected and you didn't notice when you disconnected them. If you don't connect that and try to ride it, you will get an ABS warning light on the speedo, and Check Engine Light, and you will have no ABS. Hook it back to the negative terminal on the battery. Common issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extra negative terminal is for the ABS unit. It was connected and you didn't notice when you disconnected them. If you don't connect that and try to ride it, you will get an ABS warning light on the speedo, and Check Engine Light, and you will have no ABS. Hook it back to the negative terminal on the battery. Common issue.
Ah, thanks so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts