Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a cafe racer and recently ordered the biltwell thruster grips and went to go install and upon taking off one of the side view mirrors (right side) I was unable to put it back on, as the screw doesn't seem to catch. Upon further look, it seems the screw/item that you screw the bolt may have come loose or something.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any recommendations? I have attached some pictures to help...

Thanks!
//S

Attachments

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
It's an expander.

Loosely put a bolt in it (just a few turns, leave a few threads visible), give a light tap with a rubber mallet and pull it all out.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
It's an expander.

Loosely put a bolt in it (just a few turns, leave a few threads visible), give a light tap with a rubber mallet and pull it all out. If it's loose already hold your bike over to the right and it should drop out of the bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Max Kool for the help. However, there is something in front of the nut/expander and the nut/expander is behind that metal channel. So not sure I can get a bolt to even catch with the expnder at this point. So would your suggestion be to take plier and pull out the metal thing/channel in the handlebar?

Not trying to damage the bike and not be able to fix, so appreciate any help/guidance/or even videos you recommend to help!

Cheers!
//S

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Sorry for one more question, but any idea if I will have trouble putting the stuff back in? Assuming I maybe can reassemble with mirror slightly screwed in and then shove back in and then screw in fully so it expands and stays?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yes, completely, just don't tighten the end bolt completely. Shove it in the bars and tighten so it expands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts