Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl, Mike here.
Im new in this forum I have read it before and I got many times solutions to small issues with my scrambler, so I wanted to ask if someone can give any advice.

Last night I went to turn on my bike and let it on some time until it warms up and all of a sudden it started regulating short, the engine noise was diferent than usual in a wired and engine got off, I tried turning it back on and it would show on the dash the engine light.
I drove it for a short spin an the throttle wouldn't push as it used to be. I tried the back a wile later and the issue was gone all working normally.

This is the second time this happened in a week .

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ppl, Mike here.
Im new in this forum I have read it before and I got many times solutions to small issues with my scrambler, so I wanted to ask if someone can give any advice.

Last night I went to turn on my bike and let it on some time until it warms up and all of a sudden it started regulating short, the engine noise was diferent than usual in a wired and engine got off, I tried turning it back on and it would show on the dash the engine light.
I drove it for a short spin an the throttle wouldn't push as it used to be. I tried the back a wile later and the issue was gone all working normally.

This is the second time this happened in a week .

Thanks in advance.
If you let it sit idling for some time perhaps it overheated? The engine is reliant on air flowing over it to cool it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesn't look like it over heats, if the bike didn't run for like 4-5 days that's happens, than I use it next morning and everything its cool...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always put on it 93 octanes but could be because of the engine reaction...
Dunno i guess will have to bring g it to ducati $$$ to see whats up

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was thinking that if it happened twice on the same tank of gas..... maybe, somehow there might be some impurities ( or water) in the gas, coming from the gas station supply itself.

Hopefully if you bring it to the dealer they will identify the issue quickly and you will save on labor costs!

wishing you good luck and keep us informed!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts