Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Help to solve a ghost fault !!!

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
Dear colleagues,
A few months ago I had to go home with the crane. The scrambler could not start despite having the bright green light of the dead center on. In the workshop he did not reiterate the ruling and therefore I was left without diagnosis and without solution.
During the last week from Monday to Thursday, the same thing happened every day: I started the bike, I put on my gloves and helmet, I got on the bike and -without picking up my support stand- when I put the bike upright, the engine stopped. In the afternoon, on returning home, the same ritual. I get to start after shaking the front suspension, raise and lower gears randomly and from the neutral point to start again.
What happened on Friday at the workshop? He did not repeat the mistake. No bacon, no party ...
I am delighted with the bike but I detest this situation. The scrambler classic enters through the eyes, but the change is improvable (to put it finely) and I am tired of the false dead spots and the hooligan sensor.
I like to know at what time I will leave home and at what time I will return.
Someone has some idea of how to act ? the guarantee ends in a few months ...
Thank you very much for your kind attention !!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm suspecting that you used Google Translate or something similar to post that? I loved the bit about "No bacon, no party..."

In any case:
Run through some basic troubleshooting. Have you checked all of the things that can cut out the ignition on the bike (That is, ignition switch, kill switch, sidestand switch, etc) to make sure that none of them are accidentally activating and turning the bike off?

#10 ·
Hahaha!!! My level of English is basic and I use Google Translator to not make too much of a fool. "No bacon, no party" is an expression used by a famous chef on Catalan television. I want to emphasize with this expression that if there is no breakdown there is no diagnosis ...

Thank you for your comment. Right, logical, trivial of balls. I was hoping that someone other than me would say it in order to think that my logic is the universal logic. Pity that Aristoteles did not have a motorcycle, maybe he would have confirmed our opinion.

I really like my scrambler classic and I paid a price for a service.

French designer, German capital, Italian company. The mechanic: catalan with the mentality of a Spanish official. He just wants to see what comes out of his computer screen ...

Now I'm going to work on a bicycle: Brompton never fails !!!

Thank you very much for your opinion, I promise to inform about the development of this comedy !!

#3 ·
It sounds like you're describing an issue with the sidestand switch, but I'll be honest...it's hard to decipher.

There was a recall a year or so ago on the sidestand bolt as it was allowing the sidestand to become loose enough to trip the sidestand switch, killing the engine. Do you know if that recall work has been performed on your bike?

Ducati Scrambler Recall: 5,502 Models Due to Side Stand Problems

#8 ·
It sounds like you're describing an issue with the sidestand switch, but I'll be honest...it's hard to decipher.

There was a recall a year or so ago on the sidestand bolt as it was allowing the sidestand to become loose enough to trip the sidestand switch, killing the engine. Do you know if that recall work has been performed on your bike?

Ducati Scrambler Recall: 5,502 Models Due to Side Stand Problems
Good observation ! The recall work was performed but I do not know about the quality of this work ... "No bacon, no party" (no good work, no party)

In this case the sidestand is extended, without touching it at all, simply by putting the bike upright it stops. Thank you very much for your cooperation !

#9 ·
Totally agree, that's it, I'm going to demand a document from the dealer certifying the situation. Now the motorcycle sleeps in the garage of the dealer, it is the mechanic who will have to see the error indicator: the warranty is alive and I have a tired sight ;)!

Thank you very much for your advice, greetings from Barcelona !

#5 ·
Hawkeye,

Hahaha!!! My level of English is basic and I use Google Translator to not make too much of a fool. "No bacon, no party" is an expression used by a famous chef on Catalan television. I want to emphasize with this expression that if there is no breakdown there is no diagnosis ...

Thank you for your comment. Right, logical, trivial of balls. I was hoping that someone other than me would say it in order to think that my logic is the universal logic. Pity that Aristoteles did not have a motorcycle, maybe he would have confirmed our opinion.

I really like my scrambler classic and I paid a price for a service.

French designer, German capital, Italian company. The mechanic: catalan with the mentality of a Spanish official. He just wants to see what comes out of his computer screen ...

Now I'm going to work on a bicycle: Brompton never fails !!!

Thank you very much for your opinion, I promise to inform about the development of this comedy !!

#13 ·
Hawkeye,

Hahaha!!! My level of English is basic and I use Google Translator to not make too much of a fool.
You're not making a fool of yourself. I used to speak fairly decent Castellano, but not now, and if I even tried Catalan I'd sound like an idiot.

"No bacon, no party" is an expression used by a famous chef on Catalan television. I want to emphasize with this expression that if there is no breakdown there is no diagnosis ...
I like it. I think I'm going to start using it.

In any case, as I said I think I would start with some logical troubleshooting and see what you can find. I would definitely start with the sidestand switch. Even if the bike isn't on the stand, if the switch is broken it will do what you're saying.

#6 ·
kjs

Good observation ! The recall work was performed but I do not know about the quality of this work ... "No bacon, no party" (no good work, no party)

In this case the sidestand is extended, without touching it at all, simply by putting the bike upright it stops. Thank you very much for your cooperation !

#7 ·
Aldntn

Totally agree, that's it, I'm going to demand a document from the dealer certifying the situation. Now the motorcycle sleeps in the garage of the dealer, it is the mechanic who will have to see the error indicator: the warranty is alive and I have a tired sight ;)!

Thank you very much for your advice, greetings from Barcelona !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.