Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting to know my new to me used 2015 FT. There are a lot of touches on it from stock. I bought it from a dealer who didn't have a lot of information on upgrades from the previous owner, they thought it was an Icon, LOL. I am not sure if the throttle tube was changed. Can anyone tell by these pics?The bike feels a little jumpy to me but I am a newer rider. I know I need to work on my skills but I am also considering a throttle tamer. Thanks for helping out. View attachment 38237
20190121_115143.jpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
My 2015 throttle tube was white and the softer action 2017 tube i bought was black. So I´d agree and you have the less twitchy tube in there already.
These early bikes are generally accepted to have low speed fueling issues unrelated to the throttle, its just the super lean fuel map. Although the later throttle tube helps.
You either get used to it or you get a remap. Search on this site for rexxer or rapid evo and a bunch of info will come up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like the later, smoother tube. My throttle tube was whiteish and very snatchy. You can buy a G2 throttle tamer for a really linear response but I'd suggest riding with what you've got for a while before changing it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm betting you'll get used to it before you know it. I certainly did and I have the 'sharper' earlier version. Stick with it for a bit, relax and enjoy the ride ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info everyone. I will work on my riding before changing anything.
Can anyone tell me if altitude changes fueling? I live at about 6000' elevation

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Switched out the grips today. The last step of getting rid of the yellow. This is the throttle tube. Looks like the new version to me. Can't
20190131_113343.jpg
wait for some of this snow to go away so I can get to know this badboy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's settled, I can save my 80 bucks and just ride the hell out of my bike until I don't suck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts