Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted the Kreiga tank harness?
Can you be bothered to post pic of sticky tabs and where you attached straps ie did you go round headstock and join the 2 straps together?
Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes I did to get to the TT. Ok pull off the black plastic tank front piece and then put the 2 straps on there around the frame. You can then refit black plastic piece and use with straps. The rear straps I found harder to fit more than on my monster as the tanks shorter in radius and the straps were essentially too long. I removed the seat and unlike the monster had a good flat area to stick the pads and use the centre strip screws the scrambler is poor in comparison. Nonetheless there is areas on the front area which will take the pads or part of them because they only need enough to get a grip as the seat will provide force down on the straps. I trimmed some off the straps as I will purchase another set if needed for another bike. It worked fine for 700 miles with 20L on board with strong winds. I can photo tomorrow if needed but it becomes obvious when you fit. Just make sure on the front ones you thread the web through the best way it can to lay flat passing over the tank.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I needed to remove the plastic but someone who shall remain nameless said I didn't!
Thank you, I will fit it tomorrow. If you can be bothered to take a pic of front and with seat off that would help had realised tank too short for straps at bottom end!
Cheers

·
Registered
834 Posts
I thought I needed to remove the plastic but someone who shall remain nameless said I didn't!
Thank you, I will fit it tomorrow. If you can be bothered to take a pic of front and with seat off that would help had realised tank too short for straps at bottom end!
Cheers
Well maybe NOT NECESSARILY SO but makes it easier and simpler and neater for sure. Accessibility is tight without doing so and no screws involved.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thank you and gratefully received too, You can black out the panels with plastic wrap or paint/powdercoat but these are the Full Throttle ones as I like to keep original parts. The classic badges are SOLID alloy unlike the cheap tin ICON ones which are a disgrace tbh.
Regarding the luggage I am now going to seek out a 30L for this bike as it will fit well and am getting the rack too which I never saw me getting ever. Its so practical just to even rest half the load on as overhang.

·
Registered
10 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Ok, here the pictures. Hope it helps.
Threaded the straps through the frame.
At the front pull out the black plastic cover.
Below remove on screw of the plastic cover to install the strap.
After that put all back in again.
No need to stick anything on the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's even easier and safer as to why I will recommend 30L bag on seat. Using the newer Kriega hook straps they fit around on the frame where the supposed hand holds go. You get great pull down on that area. Possibly even better if a rack is fitted too.
The only reason I don't really like loading luggage too much on the tank is faffing about at fuel stops on this bike every 110 or so miles.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That's even easier and safer as to why I will recommend 30L bag on seat. Using the newer Kriega hook straps they fit around on the frame where the supposed hand holds go. You get great pull down on that area. Possibly even better if a rack is fitted too.
The only reason I don't really like loading luggage too much on the tank is faffing about at fuel stops on this bike every 110 or so miles.
I've just tried mine and I couldn't see how it works (I'm not an engineer;) )

Have you got any pics of both the straps you refer to and how it's fitted, please?

TIA :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you friends for your thoughtfulness and kindness. It is exactly at the front how I was going to fit it. Hadn t thought about tying to frame instead of Velcro though so cheers for heads up.
We t to buy the Kreiga fork seal protectors but they have stopped distributing them due to quality issues!
Instead bought the Kreiga tool kit roll, just need to fill it with useful tools. Which reminds me I need to buy a nylon hammer not for the bike I hasten to add!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have always been a backpack/messenger bag guy (maybe due to the look-good factor :p )... but recently I have come to believe that bike bags make sense..

For those with Kriega tank, do you just tighten them onto the frame using the supplied straps?

thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Found out that it was easier than expected... Velcro in front, and it was a breeze. :)

Thanks for the photos from the previous posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I did to get to the TT. Ok pull off the black plastic tank front piece and then put the 2 straps on there around the frame. You can then refit black plastic piece and use with straps. The rear straps I found harder to fit more than on my monster as the tanks shorter in radius and the straps were essentially too long. I removed the seat and unlike the monster had a good flat area to stick the pads and use the centre strip screws the scrambler is poor in comparison. Nonetheless there is areas on the front area which will take the pads or part of them because they only need enough to get a grip as the seat will provide force down on the straps. I trimmed some off the straps as I will purchase another set if needed for another bike. It worked fine for 700 miles with 20L on board with strong winds. I can photo tomorrow if needed but it becomes obvious when you fit. Just make sure on the front ones you thread the web through the best way it can to lay flat passing over the tank.

Hi, newbie to the Scrambler world and looking at this luggage set up - is that a US20 on the tank and 30 on the back? Is the 30 ok on the back or does the 20 fit better???? thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts