Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Headed out over the hills to Betswy- Coed, towards the Snowdonia mountain range, very cold and wet at times,
The bike was superb, loads of bends up hill and down dale the ideal places to run a new bike in, Trouble was it was getting colder, well! my hands were the rest of my body was fine, A short trip into Llanberis, lots of snow high up, cut back and on to Llangolen, not a lot of people about, The forecast was for a sunny day, but I must have missed it, :) I missed my heated grips too, :rolleyes:

OK, The bike, It was a joy to ride, The relationship between handlebars ,footpegs and seat was perfect for me, and the seat was a little hard at times (I did a 60 mile run without a stop and it was fine) The speedo is easy to read, but the rev counter wasn't that easy, could have been better in a different colour rather than grey, I didn't find the suspension too bad at all, It was better than on my demo ride,
The road holding was superb, and at no time did i think the tyres would slip away, most of the first hour was tight bend roads with the occasional blast up to 60 mph, The engine sounded superb, and the gear box too, I never found any false neutrals like some testers did, The clutch was light and easy too,
I was told they'd put 8 litres in the tank, but at 75 miles the low warning light came on so I filled up,
So I managed to get 125 miles on the clock, had a fantastic day ,stopped for lunch, and the bike was covered in junk off the road, it was a bit of a mess to say the least, It's getting a wash this morning and then some ACF 50 rust preventative spray,

My only Gripe about the bike is the Horn, It's rubbish, The pheasant I nearly hit thought so too :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Great to hear Graham, you did an awesome ride! I expect I'll be riding a similar route before too long. My number plate is MXB!

Did you get muddy from lack of rear guard?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mostly road grime and salt Gill, No more than I expected, It would be nice with some sort of hugger fitted, a bit like the one I had on the Diavel ,that was carbon,
I'll keep a look out for you on the road,

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There is a rear hugger accessory, Ill be getting it for mine when available, think it looks better and will give a bit more protection from muck

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
841 Posts
Gill have you posted the pic of red bike to show the wheel protector. If so that is standard and the licence plate mounts to it.

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
841 Posts
Aha there it is! Very nice write up , informative and nice to read well done.
The MT09alliws mud to be thrown through a gap in the number plate holders d you are plastered in mud !!!! Reassuring to hear not so with the scrambler

Reactions: Auriga

·
Registered
231 Posts
These aren't what are normally considered rear huggers. They usually hug the rear wheel and are fastened to the swing arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts