Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running a week with the exhaust opened, and finding it a little too loud for my longer rides at any kind of cruising RPM, I installed the DB killer. The result is the chirping sound that you may have heard in this video around the 22 second mark:

Does anyone have any thoughts on killing the chirp? Would shortening the silencer, or cutting out the bar that runs across the inside do anything? Should I just find an exhaust shop and get their opinion? The exhaust sounds great except for that chirp.

Thanks!

·
Registered
564 Posts
After running a week with the exhaust opened, and finding it a little too loud for my longer rides at any kind of cruising RPM, I installed the DB killer. The result is the chirping sound that you may have heard in this video around the 22 second mark:

Does anyone have any thoughts on killing the chirp? Would shortening the silencer, or cutting out the bar that runs across the inside do anything? Should I just find an exhaust shop and get their opinion? The exhaust sounds great except for that chirp.

Thanks!
I have the same exhaust.
Someone has said it could be the bar for removing the DB killer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer agrees that cutting the bar out of the silencer might fix the whistle. I'll try it this weekend.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It sounds a lot like the joke exhaust whistles you'd shove in your friend's tail pipe in high school.

I don't know what the shape of the DB killer is, but the trick whistles were literally two metal washers lined up. So if the DB killer looks like that, I'm sure it's where the chirpy-whistle comes from.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A local shop cut out the bar today and it fixed the chirp. I made a crappy video of the result for those that care:

(seriously, pardon the immensely shitty video, was trying to get it done quickly so I didn't look like a knob to my coworkers)

The silencer had a bar across the exit that looked similar to this random picture of a different bike online:

termignoni db killer - Google Search

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine has it too its just an awful sound. Good to know its the little bar in the middle of the DB killer. Will have a look if I can cut it out myself.

Thx for the info! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts