Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plan to attend with a couple family members. We attended last year and had a blast for sure. There was a lot of high mountain roads closed last year because of snow. They should all be open this year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did anybody attend this event? I found out about it too late and couldn't make it.

But I'm thinking to plan for next year if the feedback is good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Festival was a great time. 4 of us attended and really enjoyed the high mountain riding and events. They did a great job organizing the festival. Honda and Ducati had a great showing with free test rides. I Have a Ducati Scrambler. I test rode a Honda Africa Twin with the direct shift transmission and it was an amazing ride. It made my Scrambler feel like a minibike. I also rode the Honda 250l Rally and it was fun also. Honda gives you a short intro to the bike and just let's you take it out wherever for about 30 minutes. The Ducati test ride was group led. I would definitely recommend the event to others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any ride outs in the UK this summer? Not the usual all bikes welcome stuff just scrams.
I'm in London and regularly frequent the Ace Cafe on Friday nights.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping up this thread for this year's festival. The weekend changed to August 16-18th this year. I missed last year, and will not be letting that happen again so I'm starting to plan now so I can 100% attend. Need to start figuring out if I should ride the bike out from Arizona or rent a truck/van and transport the bike out with me.

HighPipe Motorcycle Festival

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed last year and now that the location is much closer to me, I don't want to miss it again. I'm planning to ride out on my Sled and make it there on Friday some time.

The event promotion seems strange. It seems like in past years, it's been a relatively significant turn-out. But I've been following their posts on Instagram and the folks running it seem less than responsive and the page doesn't appear to get much attention. So I guess we'll see how it ends up. I don't think Scrambler Ducati is sponsoring it this year, like in the past. It does sound like Honda will be there with their Africa Twins I'm sure, and probably BMW as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
This sounds like so much fun! If I was on the west coast, I'd be there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those going, what are you planning to do for lodging/camping? I was originally going to reserve a spot across the street at Table Mountain Campground, but since this event is within the Angeles National Forest, free dispersed camping is permissible and I was thinking I'd just try to setup camp somewhere around the resort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts