Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably going to finish brackets and screen in satin black with something on the front to break up the colour.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have made the shape and size just right. If it moves the wind the way you want it to let us know.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,
I will do a test ride to gauge wind blast effectiveness and report back.
I may knock a couple more up,especially if I can find someone locally to laser cut the aluminium.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Honestly I find all the ones I saw on the market ugly. Yours is nice. And I see no reason why it wouldn't be efficient as well. Thumbs up dude !

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice job Dave, bet it would look good in green to match the bike, With a red "X" on the front :cool:
Endless possibilities Elvisto...but that is a scheme that had crossed my mind(great minds.......)but would I get a good paint match?
Held up my original prototype to it last night and I think black is the way forward.....for now!
Someone with a Classic approved of my screen,I think it would look great in bare aluminium with those metal mudguards (fenders).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Loving that screen think you should sell me one!
That's a really nice shape, looks good, about the best I've seen! Well done :icon_thumright:
Thank you ladies.
I will get round to making some up.
Just too busy riding at the moment.
From what I have read about the Dart screen on the forum,mine has the same effect in that it reduces buffeting to the body area.
I have toyed with the idea of making one slightly bigger to see the effects but I don't want to go too large and lose the aesthetic appeal.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thought about you today, Oxford products emblem on their vans have a large "X" in Red, Next time I'm in my mates shop I'll ask if they have any give away stickers,

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thought about you today, Oxford products emblem on their vans have a large "X" in Red, Next time I'm in my mates shop I'll ask if they have any give away stickers,
Thanks very much,that's really good of you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts