Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, I am about 190 cm and 105 kg. How dose the bike cope with bigger rider weight?

Greetings from Usedom in Germany

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hallo, I am about 190 cm and 105 kg. How dose the bike cope with bigger rider weight?

Greetings from Usedom in Germany
I'm a wee bit lighter than that but when I got my Urban Enduro home I gave it to a couple of friends to try. Both I would say are around 100kg definitely one of them and they both thought the bike was brilliant with plenty power.
I would describe them as tall well built rather than short/heavy, if you know what I mean. Strange, but both own their own bike shops so are quite hard to impress as they are surrounded by nice bikes all the time.
Also a couple of forum members have had pillions and if there were any short comings I don't think the extra weight was one of them. Also I think if you are a bit heavy say extra medium then the suspension will work better as it's been reported as too stiff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Sounds nice. I will try to ride one on Saturday. Normaly I ride an modified Sportster 1200s (I think about 70 HP) ala Storz flattracker. And I am afraid that I will miss some torque but on the other hand the scarmbler is much lighter ... I wanted to use the scrambler for some light offroad and wood roads. Will keep the harley for longer rides.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm 185 and 90kg, no problem there. And indeed the suspension works better with more weight. Driving duo the rear chock just does a better job than solo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I hope that I will be able to report my impressions on saturday, or during the week if I find a Ducati Dealer in Berlin.

·
Registered
965 Posts
:) Sounds nice. I will try to ride one on Saturday. Normaly I ride an modified Sportster 1200s (I think about 70 HP) ala Storz flattracker. And I am afraid that I will miss some torque but on the other hand the scarmbler is much lighter ... I wanted to use the scrambler for some light offroad and wood roads. Will keep the harley for longer rides.
If you're happy with the Sportster you'll soon leave it in the garage and ride the Scrambler. The last Sportster I rode had nothing on my Scrambler especially in the comfort, handling and power department.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My sportster is quite modified and has Öhlins suspension on the rear and is getting *********** USD Forks and 320 mm Brembo Breaks in the front. It has an Mikuni Carburator and another exhaust, so it dose not feel like a standard sportster anymore. But I am waiting for my first scramble ride :). And ist could be that you are right. But sound wise I will stay with the Sportster. How about fuel consumption and range?

·
Registered
965 Posts
So far as of yesterday I tracked my mileage but it was for about 80% around town 20% on country back roads and I averaged 49MPG. I still have to do a strictly freeway mileage but I have been avoiding any constant one speed until the break in is over.

So with that in mind its about a 175 mile range at that figure. But that would be bone dry no reserve.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it is more then 200 km it is ok :) My Harley needs about 4,5 L (58.81 MPG) when I drive at around 100-120 kmh on longer tours.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hi, I would say that the suspension might suit you better than it suits me! I find it very hard and unforgiving but am quite small (160cms / 59kgs). However I still love the bike :love4:. As for fuel consumption, I am consistently getting 59/60mpg - and ride it in many different circumstances - dual carriageway at 85-90mph, and lots of twisty country roads. But the fuel consumption I'm getting might also be due to my weight as most others aren't getting that much .. :uncomfortableness:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am 6'7, 225 lbs / 203cm, 100kg.

I gave up on the dream of owning a bike that fits me, I find the bike I love and I make myself fit it.

The scram is awesome, I ride with the gf in the back and so far we have no problem fitting. Yes its tight, but not unbearable.

EDIT:

I found a little clip of us riding.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58083092/Scrambler.mp4

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm 187cm and 108kg and find the bike fine. No shortage of power and reasonably comfortable. My knees are screwed so they get a bit stiff after 2-3 hours of continuous riding, but I get that on pretty much any bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts