Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. How can I paint these parts- the front fender and not sure what the other yellow part is called? Please see attached pictures. I just want to make these black. I'm open to buying aftermarket parts but have no luck in finding them. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
I fitted the alloy ones to my black one therefore they were removed from my bike. The rear one is supposed to be a mudguard/fender. Why not just have them sprayed black at a body shop?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fitted the alloy ones to my black one therefore they were removed from my bike. The rear one is supposed to be a mudguard/fender. Why not just have them sprayed black at a body shop?
Thanks. Probably what I am going to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used Plastidip + Glossifier, for exactly those same parts. However I ended up removing them from the bike in the end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought new that rear fender and a classic front guard for my Full Throttle. Got it painted at a shop to match the matte FT tank. Wasn't cheap but result is spot on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Plasti-dip for those exact panels had great results for me.

The original fenders looked too gaudy, too Lego. The black is more subdued and lets the style and art of the bike come out.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
8552EA68-D941-448E-B429-483D6C301811.jpeg
I painted my panels with black plastidip. Very easy to use, when first applied doesn’t look brilliant but leave to fully dry and it flattens itself out and in my opinion looks great.
BTW the side panels have not had glassifier on them just polish when the tank was done. It gives off a nice textured sheen IMO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great. Any issues with chipping and how many coats did you use?

Plasti-dip for those exact panels had great results for me.

The original fenders looked too gaudy, too Lego. The black is more subdued and lets the style and art of the bike come out.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi as you can tell from my post I love this stuff it’s easy to use and a brilliant finish. I give my parts 3 coats for a good coating. As I keep saying (I’m boring myself now) it doesn’t look good if poorly applied but leave it to dry and it transforms.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks great. Any issues with chipping and how many coats did you use?
No chipping, and it has been applied for going on 10 months now. I have washed it twice with no rubber peel or scraping either. And I used one thorough coat, evenly applied, with a WARM (I applied it in the winter and warm can is key) can of dip. The can must be WARM.

I am not an expert and it came out great - but recommend getting 2 cans (they're like 5 bucks a piece) and doing some reading on proper application techniques before you get started.

The great thing (and a benefit over any paint) is that if you ever mess up, you can pull it off with little fuss or muss. I went on too thick my first application and it ran and was goofy on one side. So I peeled it off in about 30 seconds and tried again. Worse case scenario is applying some goo gone to melt it off, but I haven't had to do that. Again, total plasti-dip rookie here.

Reactions: inkdindian

·
Registered
907 Posts
I’ve used plastidip loads and feel like I’m an expert because it’s so easy to use. When you say you layed it on too thick, you will find that if you leave it overnight it will sort itself out somehow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts