• No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%

How did you transform your Scrambler?

10K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  motomeek 
#1 ·
#11 ·
Fitted gel pads to original seat looks the same no rise in height.
FT Bars
Throttle tamer
Bar end mirrors
Rear black rack

To do: front forks poss rear as well
Bought some krauser bags!
And some love handles to keep the missus on the back! Which has a bonus of her staying behind me when cornering rather than looking around or swapping shoulders!! World's worse honest!

It's a Classic!

#12 ·
I do like the colour scheme, something a bit different. The chrome side panels really do set it off !

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the seats. I think Corbin always go OTT. The seat is very thick, making the back look quite heavy but it looks well made and you seem to love it, so all power to you!

Certainly unique and you won't see anyone with the same look. Ducati is selling so many Scramblers, making it your own is going to be important.
I love how you can transform this bike with just a new seat and side panels.

#14 ·
I have added a few mods to my FT. Intake express Power Up Kit, with this unit you remove the orignal airbox and install the new filter and breather kit. The install was clean and all the parts and new brackets are included. Rexxer PUK remap, FM Projects slipon exhaust. Now the bike does power wheelies in first gear and is close to that if you nail it in second too.
I also tried the MBC upgrade filter and the remap for the slipon exhaust, this was an improvement over stock which many will be happy with. After running both setups I am glad I went for the PUK kit and remap, so much fun like a completely different bike in the power department.
I had Sargent two up world seat stitched with a custom cover the way I wanted it, the guys at Sargent were great and I would highly recommend this seat. They had a seat heater option so I added that. Seat is very nice and comfortable, the stock looked great but was the worst seat after about 80 miles, I could not wait for the ride to be over. Now I have about 600 miles on the new seat, when you get off the bike after a ride no pain so nice, another great upgrade I think.
Changed out the grips to a softer pair without the stock waffle pattern, after about 150 miles of spirited riding the stock grips seemed to be very hard. Another great upgrade that I think makes the scrambler easier to love.
I fabricated a new very small rear fender that protrudes out just past the stock rear turn signals, painted it flat black and added the yellow and black Ducati stripes same as on the front fender. The rear fender did get rid of the cutoff look at the rear of the bike, I like it now.
Brake light flasher module just plugged in so that was an easy install too. Just some of the upgrades I have done so far. I can post some pics if anyone is interested in seeing these.

#24 ·
I like it! I really do!
How do you mount that to the tail?
Is it sturdy?
I hope it stops some road spray as well!

View attachment 5031 Here is the rear fender I fabricated from 16 gauge sheet metal. I am thinking about making a few and see if anyone wants to buy them. What do you guys think?
I think the yellow stich on the seat is just enough color with the texture of the carbon FX inserts.​

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks Motomeek, the license plate can be viewed at any angle where I have it mounted super easy to see it from the rear of the bike cops might have a problem with it but they have not said anything yet.
The yellow stripe is the combo stripe from the front fender. I have not painted how I want it yet just a quick paint to see if I liked the look, still up in the air on the stripe too. I will have it finished in a week or so as soon as I have time.

#25 ·
It mounts very easily with the 2 stock bolts that hold the rear turn signals to the frame. Yes its very sturdy too. I build some aftermarket parts for another industry and can make 10 or so units if I get enough interest in the rear tail fender so let me know. I made this for my bike but dont have a problem if you guys or girls want the same look. I have had good feedback from the guys at my local dealer they like it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.