Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a good place to hook my bungee cords when I carry my gym bag, usually just end up using the longest bungee cord that I have and hook it under the passenger footpegs.

How do you guys do it?

·
Registered
898 Posts
A couple of short webbing straps with a loop on either end. Put them across the bike under the seat with the loops hanging out each side.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I leave my straps in-place just shoved away under the seat when I'm not using it.
Same here. In this pic the front straps are the Kriega loops that are permanently secured to the frame and the rear is just a generic webbing strap under the seat. The strap lives in the little box designed for a mobile phone when not in use.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would dispute that Kriega bags are not well designed or are not value for money. Yes they are pricy but like most things you get what you pay for and Revzilla are not always right. Many of their reviews contain factual mistakes and few are done from the point of view of a long term user.
That aside the basic principle here is to have some loops to attach the straps holding your bag to. They will solve your immediate issue.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Looks sweet, just checked the price and can't justify ~$160 for a bag that is not that well designed after checking the video review on revzilla.
'sup to you of course but I've had my Kriega now for 3 years and I use and abuse it. Very frequently packing it waaaaay to full of groceries; my gym stuff once or twice a week into the city; the odd camping trip and the occasional beer run :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 2.11.53 pm.png

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have you tried Rok Straps?
Just used them this weekend. Strap them to the frame right under the seat. As long as you have loops/points on your bag, it should work.

Bungee doesn't work so well since the frame under the tail isn't very deep.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Huge fan of a bungee net, then I can just hook it to itself. before I got the Kriega mounting plates, I put a couple of bolts into the threaded holes on the bottom of the subframe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts