Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I just had the Panigale (or earlier sports bikes) I would average about 3k to 3.5k miles a year.

Now I have the Scrambler too I will more than likely double that figure as the Classic will give me options to ride when I wouldn't do so on a sports bike. I may even do more if we get nice winter days and the heated grips arrive in time ;)

How many biking miles will you do on average?

·
Registered
764 Posts
About 7-8,000 miles a year across my 3 bikes. Maybe more now that I have the Scrambler :grin:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Last year on my Guzzi I did 1695 - since having the Scrambler (April) I've done 3500! I would reckon on maybe around 5k, I don't usually ride over winter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be riding most of the year... except when icing conditions are likely... based on the first two months of Scrambler riding I will probably ride about 5000 per year.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I won't know until the snow files here in Minnesota, but I've done 4800 miles on my Scrambler since April 28th, which is 15 weeks. Depending on how nice fall is, I'm guessing I'll have my first valve job before winterizing the thing. It helps that it's been an amazingly beautiful summer here in MN this year.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of word is winterizing? Lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
I usually get about 15,000 miles per season.

So far this year about 10,000 total.

6,300 of that total has been on the Scrambler.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What kind of word is winterizing? Lol
Ha! That strange ritual is the act of preparing your summer toys to go into a deep sub zero degree hibernation for almost 6 months. It mostly involves putting Sea Foam in your gas, taking it for a short ride, and then plugging in the battery tender. It's also a good time to stock up on whiskey.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha! That strange ritual is the act of preparing your summer toys to go into a deep sub zero degree hibernation for almost 6 months. It mostly involves putting Sea Foam in your gas, taking it for a short ride, and then plugging in the battery tender. It's also a good time to stock up on whiskey.
I think you've been BS'erizing ;)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Last year, it was 27000. Prolly much the same this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pexfra and El Toro

·
Registered
788 Posts
Done 3800 miles since June, so I'm guessing around 8000 a year. I commute everyday on mine but it's my summer trips that pile the mileage on.

I'm possibly going to Italy next year, so could be hitting the major service sooner, rather than later.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Last year, it was 27000. Prolly much the same this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where do you find the time Tony. That's averaging 75 miles a day!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Done my CBT at the end of June and since then done 2000 miles. Also now onto the 600cc lessons with test (Mod 1) at the end of August.
Really enjoying the 65 mile commute on the little bike so can foresee a good number of "cold season" miles getting done (Not sure I'll use the Scrambler, when I get it, in winter so may keep the little bike for that).

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Where do you find the time Tony. That's averaging 75 miles a day!
I ride every single day - motorcycles are my only mode of transportation.

Plus, I travel pretty extensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Winter in Philly?
Winters in Philly are not that bad, we get very view days with snow, all things considered. That's when it's time for this...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tony, do you actually have one of those? Ha! That looks like it'd be insane in the snow! Maybe it's because I live in MN and have a different concept of snow and winter. :)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
No... Just a joke. But I do ride almost every single day, only exceptions are days with snow on the ground, which last year numbered about 12.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts