Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have always maintained that the chain on the Scrambler is undersized at least one size and this tends to prove my thoughts. Needing to change chains and sprockets at half the distance most other bikes generally go shows how much Ducati have skimped on the engineering aspects of the Scrambler.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have always maintained that the chain on the Scrambler is undersized at least one size and this tends to prove my thoughts. Needing to change chains and sprockets at half the distance most other bikes generally go shows how much Ducati have skimped on the engineering aspects of the Scrambler.
When renewing c&s can you go up a size Kiwi? If so what would you recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Don’t think it’s just a matter of size as much as it is quality.

I changed to a DID 520 VX chain on my last bike and the difference was noticeable. I didn’t religiously maintain the standard chain and it was toast after 6000 miles.

The DID chain wasn’t treated much better just cleaned occasionally and after the first week it never appeared to stretch in the next 6000 miles. Can’t actually remember having to adjust it.

The stock chain is just a cheap, less resilient item. After market higher quality chains with better lubrication seals last much longer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
These air cooled twin engines are probably Ducati's most reliable engine they every produced. It's the same block they've used in multiple models and should last a good while with regular servicing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts