Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is in the title. I am thinking of another bike a Honda nc750x DCT. But don’t know if either bike will get used enough. How many people have more than one bike and do they get used?
I’ve had more than one in the past but only tended to use one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The question is in the title. I am thinking of another bike a Honda nc750x DCT. But don’t know if either bike will get used enough. How many people have more than one bike and do they get used?
I’ve got a diavel and love it also a 750ss and italjet dragster and a few others I use the scrambler and diavel the most

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
50 Posts
I have a Harley FatBob as well as my Mach 2.0 Scrambler. I try to alternate which I use but there is a tendency to lean towards the Harley for longer trips and the Scrambler for shorter rides.

FR

·
Registered
7 Posts
BMW1150gsa for European long haul holidays with my wife. I've
had it for about 10 years and it's a fantastic ride in any situation. It was my only bike for a long time and is amazing as a solo fast road bike, no real need for any other bike but when the Desert Sled was launched I knew I had to have one. Perfect for Sunday B road ragging and fire road light off roading. Salisbury plain is a perfect setting for it. I have had to cancel a Spanish trip to the Pico's recently with the sled but that'll happen eventually. I've also got a Suzuki drz 400 for more serious off road trips where I can bail out without worrying about dents and scratches. They're all fantastic bikes and I'm always torn between them when I open the garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 2019 husky tx300, ttr125l for the wife, 2001 yz125, 2000 yz250, Zuma scooter, 2002 kx250, 2012 kx250f, gas gas txt300 trials, some PW50s for the kids and I just sold my shadow 750 and 690 Enduro R. Oh and a 2015 kx450f snowbike. Probably a few more I'm forgetting... Life is better on two wheels

·
Registered
770 Posts
I’m no mathematician... but pretty sure it’s:

Correct amount of bikes = n+1

I’ve always had the goal of having a couple. My Dad has 3 to 4 usually and it looks great until MOT, tax and insurance rolls around haha. Road tax is getting quite pricey now... mine was actually more than my insurance this year!!! I am getting old...

Classic might be the way to go. No tax or MOT to worry about and so what if it breaks... you’ve got the other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grom, Msx125 ... winter shopping trolley and camping exploration, i put it in the back of the van

Harley FXSTS , had it forever, not getting used much at the moment with new scrambler!
Ariel 500 red hunter, had it even longer than the HD, currently waiting time and inclination to rebuild.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It's no doubt an answer that will be different whomever is asked it. I had a Super little Honda 400VFR NC30 years ago, alongside a Ducati 748. My nostalgic memory tells me I had a lot more fun on the Honda but in the end that's the one I sold due to lack of use. I think I'm a one-bike-man :) (sorry!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
BMW1150gsa for European long haul holidays with my wife. I've View attachment 45013 View attachment 45014 had it for about 10 years and it's a fantastic ride in any situation. It was my only bike for a long time and is amazing as a solo fast road bike, no real need for any other bike but when the Desert Sled was launched I knew I had to have one. Perfect for Sunday B road ragging and fire road light off roading. Salisbury plain is a perfect setting for it. I have had to cancel a Spanish trip to the Pico's recently with the sled but that'll happen eventually. I've also got a Suzuki drz 400 for more serious off road trips where I can bail out without worrying about dents and scratches. They're all fantastic bikes and I'm always torn between them when I open the garage.
Hi Rewild.

I notice you have the Arrow exhaust. Not being a native English speaker, I cannot tell from Arrow's website which part number is the one that skips the catalytic converter and which one plugs into it, can you advise? I want to do away with it, if possible, with the sound muffler in.

Also, I do not like the factory collectors; specially on the right side the heat is unbearable in traffic. Are you aware of any non-OEM collectors with a different routing or any alternative to keep the heat manageable?

Best regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2014 BMW R1200GS and now a 2017 DS.

The BMW is great for long haul on tarmac roads but off road I find it too heavy for my riding skills. Relative to a BMW 2002 K1200LT I owned in the past, the R1200GS is not as comfortable to sit on for several hours and a not as stable when riding on busy highways with lots of trailers. Also, the lower screen shield results in heavy helmet noise at higher speeds (200 km/h). The R1200GS rides straight like an arrow, no power issues and comfortable for two to three hours stretches. My major issue with it is the weight: 240 kg dry, plus gas, top case, etc. Last year, in my garage at 0 km/h, I was unable to control the weight, dropped the engine head on my left foot and smashed my first metatarsian; ended up in surgery with a few metal inserts to remind me that lighter may be better.

That gave me the motivation to get the DS: it is 40 kg lighter, a little lower so I get a firm footing and it is more fun to ride in Mexico City. It has power and comfort enough for two-to-three hours rides and adequate for light off roading (gravel roads). My major con on this one is the exhaust design that gets really hoy and too close to the leg; in traffic it is really bothersome.

I am also considering getting a 2011 KTM 990 Supermoto and, or a 2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke, if I can get a hold of either one here in Mexico.

In general, I do three things to my bikes: K&N air filter, full exhaust system (collectors/headers + slip-on mufflers) and iridium spark plugs. No reprogramming or messing around with the electronics, natural born sensors usually do the trick and the performance I get is just right for me.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO for “Ducati Group” rides and bike nights.
2014 Honda Grom OG for around town and beer runs.
2016 Yamaha XSR 900 Anniversary Edition for commuting and weekend shenanigans.
2018 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled for dual sport and mountain trips.
2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 (UTV) for desert/dune weekends.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO for “Ducati Group” rides and bike nights.
2014 Honda Grom OG for around town and beer runs.
2016 Yamaha XSR 900 Anniversary Edition for commuting and weekend shenanigans.
2018 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled for dual sport and mountain trips.
2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 (UTV) for desert/dune weekends.
Spoilt brat ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Harley FatBob as well as my Mach 2.0 Scrambler. I try to alternate which I use but there is a tendency to lean towards the Harley for longer trips and the Scrambler for shorter rides.

FR
I have a FXDX 03 for longer rides. Traded my street glide in on the scrambler, having so much fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A 2017 Honda Rebel 300 and a 2007 Vespa 250. Technically, the other two are my wife's bikes but she never rides either of them. I use both along the NH seacoast where 250cc is plenty of power. I take the kids on the Honda for ice cream, etc. and I use the Vespa for grocery runs. I might sell the Vespa because it doesn't get used enough but it really is great for it's purpose.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts