Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The past two weekends I have ridden my Scrambler to Sandpoint, Idaho. On both trips I had two people comment on how cool the bike looked. The nicest compliment came this past Saturday from an older chap who called me over to his van to ask about the bike. I could see that even though he was in the driver's seat, he was in a wheelchair. What I assume is his wife sat beside him in the passenger seat.

He really liked the look of my UE and from his vantage point he couldn't see the name Ducati so he asked me who made it. He immediately nodded his head and said he figured it had to be European as the US and Japanese makers simply don't style bikes as nicely as the Euro's do and especially the Italians. We talked for a few minutes and he mentioned a couple bikes he had over the years. I suspect as a result of his condition he hadn't ridden in some time but still enjoyed talking bikes. I always enjoy meeting someone new when we have a common interest like motorcycles. I have met young guys in their late teen's and more senior folk who have earned their stripes but when the topic of motorcycles comes up, it transcends any age barrier.

Anyway, it is cool to see the public at large respond positively to a motorcycle. Two of the other folk were non-riders but said words to the effect, "If I ever ride a bike, that is the one I'd like to have!"

Anyway, if you have a little story to share about how your Scrambler started up a conversation between strangers let's hear it. Hopefully I am not the only one.

NC

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Everywhere I go the Scrambler attracts attention. Sometimes it's because people don't know what it is, and sometimes it's because someone hasn't seen it in the flesh, but most times it's because it's a good looking bike :)

A few weeks ago when I was on a trip up to Scotland with 54 other Ducatisti, and was out one particular day with a pal on his Multi, he got pissed off as everywhere we went at least 2-3 people came over to talk about the Scrambler Classic and completely ignored his bike. He was completely taken aback by the attention it got.

Having said that my Panigale gets lots of attention too when I'm out on it. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
On the few occasions that my bikes come out to play they seem to get a fair amount of attention and great comments, no idea why....lol

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My bike gets no end of attention! Every time I'm out at least someone and usually several people have come over to ask me about it, always complimentary. A lot say it's the first one they've seen in the flesh! Some have taken pics of it :D. I went to Yorkshire last weekend and no less than ten people came over to talk to me - starting with one in a garage where I was filling up on the way! One even came out of a guest house near where I was parked, to say he loved the look of it. I've had a few say it looks a little like a Harley? o_O

·
Registered
123 Posts
Last week I had another bloke come over and ask who owns that bike but for the first time in 4 months they didn't want to talk about my red icon but instead the dirty orange Honda from the 70's
aug 2016 058 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
I get positive attention on every ride, and then I had some unwanted attention in my neighborhood from a patrol car that followed me through side streets and alleys as I tried to lose him while observing speed limit and all signals. He followed very closely. And then finally I turned and he didn't follow. I'm thinking my custom seat doesn't have "Ducati" on it, and he wanted to know what the bike was? Or else he thought my Termi was too loud? Or else he thought I was blindingly beautiful???

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I get positive attention on every ride, and then I had some unwanted attention in my neighborhood from a patrol car that followed me through side streets and alleys as I tried to lose him while observing speed limit and all signals. He followed very closely. And then finally I turned and he didn't follow. I'm thinking my custom seat doesn't have "Ducati" on it, and he wanted to know what the bike was? Or else he thought my Termi was too loud? Or else he thought I was blindingly beautiful???
Or all of those things ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Have had many people talk about the bike, especially other Ducati owners that happen by. Even had a truck next to me at a stoplight roll down his window and say "That's a really great looking bike"

·
Registered
140 Posts
I get compliments on the bike all the time, every time I ride it someone comments on it and loves it. I also am being tailed by the local authorities almost every time I ride which is getting frustrating because I am always looking over my shoulder not wanting a speeding ticket:angry2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
The bike gets plenty of attention, I feel like it's PA doing all the running around, polishing, buying fuel and often seen as a hanger on. It's worth it for the smiles when putting on the miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I only get compliments and draw a crowd when I park or answer questions at stoplights...other than that, no comments!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well ok so one day earlier this summer as I was walking to my garage (for me in Brooklyn, that's a 10min walk since I don't have a garage in my building) I passed by a guy in his garage with a red Icon. Immediately I tried to chat him up asking his experience with the bike and so on. Turns out he only just rode it back from the dealership. So I guess the Scrambler will get you compliments just from the dealership home :D
(also, i don't have a scrambler. getting mine this saturday. yay~!)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have had people come up and take a look when I fill up with gas and you almost always see someone stop and look around the bike when it is parked at shops. Sometimes you see guys point the bike out as you ride by and it is time like those I wish it sounded like a Ducati .. new exhaust arrives tomorrow to sort that out; )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts