Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Scrambler just over a year now and had my 7500 mile service done prematurely 7000 miles. One thing that has been noticeable at the first oil change was that the bike would barely shift but the oil change fixed that right up, just like my 70's- 80's era motocross bikes which needed oil changed almost every ride in order to shift well. At 7000 miles it wasn't shifting that bad but finding neutral and missing gears was happening a lot more often. Again oil change fixed that right up.

As I've stated in other posts, I love this bike but I'm not real comfortable about Ducati's warranty decisions and parts prices. If it wasn't for having a great dealer I might have decided to sell.

I've lost 42 pounds since November and it's as good at sending bike to the tuner to have hot rodded up. I had put on a 16 tooth front sprocket as I do a lot of highway riding and now I find I don't have to downshift as often and bike doesn't lug coming out of corners.

One of the first mods I did was a LeoVince slip on which sounds real nice, especially as I realized early on that Ducati's like to have you rev the guts out of them. It's winter here in New England so if we get a day with the temperature over 50°F I try and jump on my bike for a quick ride. I'm fortunate to live in an area that most people would consider a destination to ride twisty back roads. A couple of days ago I was out riding on one of those back roads and was revving the guts out of it when I came upon a 30ish guy with the screen door open in his hand and about to go into his house. When he heard me approaching he turned to see what the sound was and then proceeded to let the door close and do a 360 degree circle to watch me ride by. It was pretty cool as it reminded me of how good these bikes sound.

After 1 year and 2 months I have yet to see another Scrambler on the road. Maybe this year I will.

Snowed again last night. Awww Shit!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hey Chester,

I'm glad you are still enjoying the bike; it would be hard to replace, I think. And congrats on the weight loss, too. Spring is on the way!

Sarah

·
Registered
292 Posts
Happy anniversary!

I keep getting teased here, because this time of year we get alternating warm and cool weather. I would take it out on the warm days, except for the fact that it keeps snowing here and there on the cool ones, and then they salt the roads again. My Scrambler is still nice enough that I don't want to ride it until the salt is washed away!

As to sound.... right now, mine sounds stock. However, once riding season is here for real, it'll sound all Akrapovic-y. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've had my Scrambler just over a year now and had my 7500 mile service done prematurely 7000 miles. One thing that has been noticeable at the first oil change was that the bike would barely shift but the oil change fixed that right up, just like my 70's- 80's era motocross bikes which needed oil changed almost every ride in order to shift well. At 7000 miles it wasn't shifting that bad but finding neutral and missing gears was happening a lot more often. Again oil change fixed that right up.

As I've stated in other posts, I love this bike but I'm not real comfortable about Ducati's warranty decisions and parts prices. If it wasn't for having a great dealer I might have decided to sell.

I've lost 42 pounds since November and it's as good at sending bike to the tuner to have hot rodded up. I had put on a 16 tooth front sprocket as I do a lot of highway riding and now I find I don't have to downshift as often and bike doesn't lug coming out of corners.

One of the first mods I did was a LeoVince slip on which sounds real nice, especially as I realized early on that Ducati's like to have you rev the guts out of them. It's winter here in New England so if we get a day with the temperature over 50°F I try and jump on my bike for a quick ride. I'm fortunate to live in an area that most people would consider a destination to ride twisty back roads. A couple of days ago I was out riding on one of those back roads and was revving the guts out of it when I came upon a 30ish guy with the screen door open in his hand and about to go into his house. When he heard me approaching he turned to see what the sound was and then proceeded to let the door close and do a 360 degree circle to watch me ride by. It was pretty cool as it reminded me of how good these bikes sound.

After 1 year and 2 months I have yet to see another Scrambler on the road. Maybe this year I will.

Snowed again last night. Awww Shit!!
Please excuse my ignorance but highway riding to me implies a larger front sprocket (I am always trying for 7th) but I don't understand "I don't have to downshift as often and bike doesn't lug coming out of corners'. I have not looked at a bigger front sprocket thinking it would reduce acceleration potential.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Next to my Striple 765RS, I LOVE my Scrambler. Excellent barnstormer. Well, umm, citystormer.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts