Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Hyperpro fork springs? Looks like they are about $200 shipped from an eBay seller.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
The Bullit shock is available through dealers and K-Tech service centers for the Scrambler with chrome, DLC black or Gold Ti-Nitrided shafts. $495.00 for chrome and $579.00 for black or gold shaft models.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I highly recommend Hyperpro springs and the shock for the Scrambler. You buy their "box" for
$699 USD and get both in one neat package. Makes the ride positively plush compared to stock, and the price is a great value in comparison to many of the options out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I highly recommend Hyperpro springs and the shock for the Scrambler. You buy their "box" for
$699 USD and get both in one neat package. Makes the ride positively plush compared to stock, and the price is a great value in comparison to many of the options out there.
Hey Grasshopper, where did you purchase the "streetbox" for your Scrambler? Also can you comment on riding offroad with their setup?
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Iron Robot, I can't comment on dirt riding because I do that on a KTM, not a Ducati! But as all who have ridden the stock
setup know, anything is better than that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke with Klaus at EPM, the U.S. Hyperpro guys, they said in addition to the streetbox they recommend replacing the fork seals with SKF seals, as he says the stock seals have too much friction. I ordered them, we'll see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I spoke with Klaus at EPM, the U.S. Hyperpro guys, they said in addition to the streetbox they recommend replacing the fork seals with SKF seals, as he says the stock seals have too much friction. I ordered them, we'll see.
I know its a while ago but do you still have the part nr for the skf seals ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have not tried SKF seals but a minute wipe of WD40 , or better still some WP suspension grease, will hugely reduce the stiction. It improves the comfort and "plushness" of the suspension and costs about a penny. Cheap upgrade!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have not tried SKF seals but a minute wipe of WD40 , or better still some WP suspension grease, will hugely reduce the stiction. It improves the comfort and "plushness" of the suspension and costs about a penny. Cheap upgrade!
Please excuse my ignorance but is this to the fork legs when the forks are on the bike?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes, lightly smear it onto the chrome, immediately below the seal, with a piece of cloth all the way around. Dont spray WD40 it´ll get on the disc. Put the bike on its side stand and pull the forks up to somewhere near the top of their stroke before you apply it helps but is not critical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts