Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had one fitted to my FTP last week.
Massive improvement to the rear.
The front I'm not so sure. Seems to feel alot of ripples. Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's my imagination. The rear is so much better, maybe that's making the front seem disappointing.
Static sag 31mm rear and 11mm front (might be the other way round but it's about right). Running 33psi front and back. Rebound 20 clicks out from fully in.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i fitted the streetbox a week ago. front is very good now and trying out settings in the back. so far standard setting for the sag was 20mm and 20 clicks in (of 44 clcks max) . Now running 15 clicks from fully out and dropped the forks 6.5 mm. Also did the mod for the handlebars to get rid of excessive flex. This is an absolute must do, massive improvement in front end feel and overal stability of the bike.
google "The best free Scrambler modification or your money back!
and you will see the page, i can not put the link on this forum since it will give an error.

Can you double check your sag at the rear and tell how much it is exactly please

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for posting this, Phil. I was looking at the Streetbox for a possible upgrade this spring. It's certainly a better deal than a lot of the other suspension products out there, particularly in the USA since Hyperpro doesn't have the brand cachet here that Ohlins or some of the others do.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting this, Phil. I was looking at the Streetbox for a possible upgrade this spring. It's certainly a better deal than a lot of the other suspension products out there, particularly in the USA since Hyperpro doesn't have the brand cachet here that Ohlins or some of the others do.
If you're happy with the front you could go with the rear shock only. But if you go for both you can let me know what you think of the front too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Eeeehhh..... I don't love the front. Frankly it's under-sprung for my weight, and with the price of the whole kit being so reasonable, I think that's the way I want to go. Proper spring rates will help a ton, even if they're not adjustable.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eeeehhh..... I don't love the front. Frankly it's under-sprung for my weight, and with the price of the whole kit being so reasonable, I think that's the way I want to go. Proper spring rates will help a ton, even if they're not adjustable.
OK.
Here are my figures (the front forks are pulled through amap, app 10mm).
Weigh 13.5 stone in my gear.

F 31mm static and 50mm rider sag
R 18mm static and 50mm rider sag
Rebound as per Hyperpro manual

Have since wound the pre-load in one complete turn.
Will see how that goes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You guys and your "stones...."

:p

I weigh a decent bit more than you do (right now, at least...) so we will see when spring (hah!) gets here and I'm more actively shopping.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm rapidly getting older.

I did a year of Uni in Newcastle about 20 years ago, and I remember getting a physical at one point, and they told me "you weigh 13 stone" and I had no idea how much that meant I actually weighed.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm rapidly getting older.

I did a year of Uni in Newcastle about 20 years ago, and I remember getting a physical at one point, and they told me "you weigh 13 stone" and I had no idea how much that meant I actually weighed.
13 is a much lower number than 182 or even 82.5.:barbershop_quartet_member:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts