Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the ONLY cons to this bike. I have never owned a Duc before, just Japanese.

What are maintenance costs for you guys? If it's ~ $1,000 then I'm going to have to settle for the XSR 900 :'(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your yearly mileage?
I'm not sure...my current bike is a 2012 that I purchased in 2013 and crashed that very summer. It has 8.5k miles...within 4 years of use - which isn't bad.

But I feel like I'm going to use the hell out of this scrambler if I do end up getting it. My sportbike doesn't do any cool offroad and it's too fast for me these days. I'm wanting a fun city bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much do you like the XSR900?
Looks wise - the scrambler looks better for me. Sounds better, too.

Paper stats wise - XSR wins. It's really a toss-up between the two for me. XSR700 isn't here in the U.S. yet so that's out of the picture. Hope that helps...I really can't decide between the two :/

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Take a ride on both I'd say.

I personally feel the XSR looks ugly, so yeah, paper stats don't always mean much.

It's all about emotions..(for me)

Have you considered the new Aprilia Dorsoduro 900? Looks a million times better than the XSR...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maintenance costs on mine so far was roughly $250 for the 600 mile service and $800 for the 7200 mile service, which included a new chain because I suck at taking care of it after a long weekend in the swamps of central florida.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine is similar to above. I have a couple of other Ducati's, a BMW and a Honda. Modern Ducs are not more expensive - assuming you have a dealer close by.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Meh. Maintenance costs haven't ever been an issue for me. I've got 3 Ducs in the stable. The intervals are actually not horrible for what's needed, if you plan properly. I rode my ST3 across the US and back to PA last summer and all I needed was an oil change and new chain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Short answer. If mtce costs are an issue just buy a simple unbreakable Japanese machine...a DR650 or KLR650 will do 80% of the job that a Scrambler does, (off road they will do 125% of what the Scrambler does), cost you far less to purchase and a bundle less to maintain...and you won't have to ever worry about being mistaken for a hairdresser or colour consultant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts