Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tonight I drove myself 45 miles the wrong way home to get a peek at the Scrambler that landed in my local dealers in Ashford. On arrival it was said not to be ready being PDI'd but after some chat he said I will see what I could do. He said oh he must be out testing it so shouldn't be long. So a nice cuppa tea and natter later the bike returned and I was given the first sit in the garage on a red scrambler icon.

Oh relief it wasn't too small and feet planted on the floor with comfort and still sitting on the saddle. Feet up and knees in a comfy normal position and not under my elbows. The nightmare was over and the very fact I tried a seat on a Monster 821 earlier put that one to bed.
The Scrambler is for me and the dream lives on and booked a test ride but I have to wait for reasons personal to me but that's fine as I get 2 hours on Monday the 9th Feb with the GoPro ( which they are glad and hope to see the footage too ) all relaxed.

Its very light and very comfy feel position very similar to my Yamaha TT500 bike and the bars feel nice.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you liked it Albie. It certainly looks good. :)
I guess that Ducati Glasgow will have their demonstrator in this week too. But it's a 200 mile round trip for me, I think I'll just wait 'til my bike comes (late March for the Classic). I should give them a ring though to make sure that my exhaust and low bars are ordered for arrival then.
I guess now that they are appearing in the dealers this forum is going to hot up a lot in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Albie

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice! I'm 6'1" as well, so it is good to see height shouldn't be an issue. Still quite a long wait for us in the US. There will probably be a lively "used" Scrambler market on your side of the pond by the time we get ours. :D <---green with envy. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice! I'm 6'1" as well, so it is good to see height shouldn't be an issue. Still quite a long wait for us in the US. There will probably be a lively "used" Scrambler market on your side of the pond by the time we get ours. :D <---green with envy. :)
Seems like it Maybe I'll pick one up used and cancel my order.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If I didn't have the motorcycle purchase coming up, that would be a great trip. Charlotte is a nice little airport. I used to live in Asheville and flew through Charlotte several times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Albie,

You've just vanished the last drops of doubt for those of us who are 6 feet tall. :))

First Icons should show up in a next few weeks at my local dealer's.

Can't wait... Yay!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow, a 2 hour demo ride, that's great. The red looks good. I like the idea of asking to save the container side, might look into that. I can relate to the Yamaha feel as far as being light and narrow, I have an SR500, except it'll have twice the the horsepower.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.