Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had two different people at totally separate times today yell out their window while driving "Nice bike" and gave a thumbs up as well. Have owned many others in the past but never received as much comments as I have since I've owned my Scrambler.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I haven't had that yet but I did have it about 5 years ago on the Triumph Trophy 500 I bought new in 1970 and on my old brit bike lookalike 2009 Suzi TU 250x

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anytime I go into downtown for lunch I try and find I place I can park out front of and eat outside. Every few minutes someone stops in their tracks to stare at it and a few people will ask if it's mine and then ask questions about it. It's nice having something different, so glad I didn't just buy a Harley or a sport bike like everyone else I know.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My Icon attracts ALMOST as much attention as my rare 2009 Suzi TU 250. The little Suzi always has people asking/telling me what a great job I did restoring my 60's brit bike.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Scrambler gets way more attention than anything else I've ridden around on, including 959 Panigale's, Monster 1200's, Aprillia Tuono's...

When I first got it in summer 2015, seemingly every other biker wanted to find out what it's like.
If it's parked up somewhere public, it's pretty common for someone to tell me how nice it is while I'm getting my gear on.

Seems to be much loved by bikers and non bikers alike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My girlfriend got me a Classic for Christmas which I took out for the first ride on Christmas eve. As I pulled out of the driveway, the neighbor from 3 houses down from me and is a Harley guy saw me and broke into a big grin and waved. People don't know what it is but they still recognize that it's something that they're familiar with. I think this is gonna be a fun bike to own.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My girlfriend got me a Classic for Christmas which I took out for the first ride on Christmas eve. As I pulled out of the driveway, the neighbor from 3 houses down from me and is a Harley guy saw me and broke into a big grin and waved. People don't know what it is but they still recognize that it's something that they're familiar with. I think this is gonna be a fun bike to own.
WOW! She bought you a motorcycle for Christmas? What a girl!

·
Registered
192 Posts
The bike was an amazing gift but if she only gave me a tie she'd still be an amazing girl. At 60 years old I'm pretty damn lucky. Now if we have an early spring, I can be out riding this bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a black/yellow Icon. It's my first non-scooter bike so I don't have a basis for comparison, but exact same experience here. I get a couple compliments a week on how cool it looks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Me too, I've had a scrambler since May 2015 and nearly every ride I get either a thumbs up or a good comment. Me and the wife stopped off yesterday for lunch and came out to a group of OAP's eyeing my bike up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've only owned mine for 4 days and I've been complimented twice from complete strangers whilst out and about.....lovely but strange.

·
Registered
292 Posts
a group of OAP's
This is a tangent, but hey. I'm a yank, but I spent a year living your side of the pond, in Newcastle. Everywhere I went, I saw admission prices for Children, Adults, and OAPs. I couldn't figure out what the hell an "OAP" was. (Over here we call them "senior citizens.) I finally asked one of my Brit friends about it and he said, "Well, first you have to tell me what you think it means." So my official guess was "Old Ass Person." He nearly bust a gut laughing.

(It's "Old Age Pensioner" for any other Americans.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
i get the thumbs up alot from people.. one woman was taking a picture of the bike at a stop light.. some woman told me 'nice bike' at the gas station.. like a mom older woman.. heh.. people seem to love the hell outta the sled.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Two Italian girls pulled up beside me and drooled over my FTP. My mate on his Triumph looked like thunder.
It always attracts admirers wherever I go.
Quite embarrassing but it is always preferred by onlookers to whatever other bikes are there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts