Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is.....

Ah-Ma-ZING! So smooth and so much fun. Taller than my Classico (803) but not much. Seat’s great. Ergo’s like a Flat Track because of the lower bars. The bike feels wider than the 803s. Suspensions are stiff but that’s easily remedied because they’re ohlins and you can adjust them easily. The dash (tachometer/speedometer) is excellent and looks cool. I like the twin exhaust system, it’s 2 - 1 - 2. The brakes gives a nice bite. Levers are fully adjustable. Fat footpegs, like a Multistrada 1200s’. Switches on both side are good, very intuitive. I rode it in “Active” mode which is the most exciting over Journey and City. Overall, big thumbs up.

Rode the bike around China Camp State Park from San Rafael, CA. The park has a nice twisty road, has bumpy section and smooth section. The bike handle it with ease.

If I was too get this bike, I’ll install taller bars with cross bars, I like it that way.

This bike was the only Scrambler 1100 in the store. They are awaiting other delivery.

Go for a demo and you’ll enjoy it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I rode the 1100 2 days ago, the best part of the bike was the ohlins suspension. Sure it had more power, but once you hit 75mph, the wind was in your face like any naked bike, over rode the extra power. So the power wasn't all that important. The seat was very unconfy. And it felt a little aggressive, like the monster. So the question is.....will I trade in my 803? Hope! Plenty of power, nimble, comfy, as I did replace the iconic seat issue.

If it's your first scrambler, go for it, but is it worth giving up the 803? I don't think so.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My local dealer had the 1100 demo day on saturday. Compared to my Urban Enduro the ride is next level. Between the Ohlins suspension and the wider saddle, it was much more comfortable. Definitely a bike I could ride all day long and not have trouble sitting the next day. The brakes were great and I kind of liked the riding position, but feel like it might wear on me after a long day of riding. Power wise was hard to tell for me, I wasn't pushing it hard enough to pick up the front tire, but it felt similar to my bike with the full QD Exhaust and booster plug. I should've rode a classic right afterwards to really tell the difference. I guess that's just an excuse to go ride more motorcycles!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I rode it, I was pondering that the SCR1100 was going to be a slight meh because the engine has one fuel injectors (one carb). I was hoping for it to have two. I thought it was going to be a big "meh". So, I took the opportunity to ride the SCR1100 Sports with its spiffy legs.

After riding it around, I came away very impressed. First gear didn't have all that 803cc's jolting behavior from the start. It was all smooth. However, I still don't know if an off-road rider will like that because one will need the torque from the sit-start. Anyway, the engine set-up is excellent.

The seat is soft but will it very comfortable in the long run? No idea, one of you should take a long ride on it and maybe you'll tell us. I took it out for 20 mins and was on twisty roads; my body was moving all over the place.

Will I buy it? Nope. My next bike will be a Street Triple 765 RS.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
As far as I know, the 1100 has one throttle body, but each cylinder has its own fuel injector (just like the 800).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@maxcool, Ok, that's right.

Still a great bike. Have you ridden it?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Nope, I haven't.

I believe ignorance is bliss. Still love my DS and I plan to keep it that way. I'm afraid the increase in midrange torque will make me want one. :adoration:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I feel a bit the same way, strengthened through the (in my eyes) worse look of the 1100, no more retro, just like a CB1000.
No emotions for me, just a random bike.

And the high exhausts, no co-rider, no saddle bags I think.
Except the bit more power, a huge step backward.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Ha, I can see myself trying to fit a Terme EVO on the 1100....

High pipes solved, and in the Sport livery doesn't look too classic to me.

(Secretly hoping for a 1100 Desert Tracker: high quality suspension with a bit more travel than the current 1100 Sport version)

But still, my 800 never feels underpowered...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, I haven't.

I believe ignorance is bliss. Still love my DS and I plan to keep it that way. I'm afraid the increase in midrange torque will make me want one. :adoration:
That’s ok. If I have a Desert Sled, I’ll keep it anyway because it’s so much fun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha, I can see myself trying to fit a Terme EVO on the 1100....

High pipes solved, and in the Sport livery doesn't look too classic to me.

(Secretly hoping for a 1100 Desert Tracker: high quality suspension with a bit more travel than the current 1100 Sport version)

But still, my 800 never feels underpowered...
Nope nope nope nope nope. 1100cc Desert Sled... nope nope nope nope nope and nope!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up one of the 1100 special yesterday. I haven't ridden the smaller scrambler, so I can't make a comparison. I look forward to seeing other modifications and new custom parts hitting the market.
View attachment 33273
I hate you now!

Kidding aside, Congrats! Enjoy the ride. Plus enjoy customizing it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The more I look the more I like. Not sure about the plate holder though.
Agreed! The plate holder needs a full shave. Unfortunately, the plate removal on the 1100 doesn't appear to be the same procedure as the smaller Scrambler. I suppose I'll have to figure it out on my own this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Agreed! The plate holder needs a full shave. Unfortunately, the plate removal on the 1100 doesn't appear to be the same procedure as the smaller Scrambler. I suppose I'll have to figure it out on my own this weekend :)
There'll be tail-tidys along before you know it. I expect these will sell in good numbers :). Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts