Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking it should say Harley Davidson after I found out that my dealer charges 229.00 for the 600 mile service.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
That sucks man :( I've never had a free "first service" on a motorcycle though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ducati's are expensive to service, it's just something you have to accept from the beginning. I don't even know what I'm going to get charged in NYC, but I've resigned myself to it :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's interesting to see whose dealer really cares about giving their customers a good experience and which don't. I can understand making money but when they tens to get you on everything else it would be nice to have perk when you buy a new vehicle from them. I guess most car dealers don't do that either though when I think about and their profit margins are usually higher.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the pre order credit which amounted to 300.00 as part of the payment but they soaked me on my trade in. I haven't asked about the parts discount but will. It's going to be interesting what they have to say when I show them the manual for the battery maintenance plug thats suppose to be there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You pay a lot for convenience when you trade in, that has always been true. I was offered $4900 to trade in a Chevy van long ago, sold it for $8400 instead. Same thing on a Chevy Blazer offered $1600 on trade in and sold it instead for $4200. Cars are just as bad as bikes, maybe worse. Only time they make it look good is if they have a very high mark-up on the vehicle you are buying and "pretend" to give you a generous trade-in allowance. I hate selling used vehicles but it is better than taking such a huge hit on the trade in.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You pay a lot for convenience when you trade in, that has always been true. I was offered $4900 to trade in a Chevy van long ago, sold it for $8400 instead. Same thing on a Chevy Blazer offered $1600 on trade in and sold it instead for $4200. Cars are just as bad as bikes, maybe worse. Only time they make it look good is if they have a very high mark-up on the vehicle you are buying and "pretend" to give you a generous trade-in allowance. I hate selling used vehicles but it is better than taking such a huge hit on the trade in.
I guess it was a bit less painful considering back when I bought it I really soaked them as I got to for 12500 out the door at at the time Concours 14's were priced quite a bit more then even what I bought it for out the door. I guess getting back almost half wasn't as bad as if I would of paid close to what they wanted back in 09 for it. I hate selling privately , just too many bizarre people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts