Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished up all the mods I've been wanting to do on my 2015 Icon to make it more of a traditional scrambler. It turned out pretty much as I had imagined...better performing and (I think) better looking. Went with black side panels, swapped out the stock exhaust for Zard high mount, more aggressive tires (Conti), new suspension front and rear (Ohlins), new seat, headlight grill, skid plate, oil cooler grill, wider pegs, rear rack, and gave up the swing arm license plate setup in favor of a tail tidy conversion kit. Now all I need is some warmer weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Finally finished up all the mods I've been wanting to do on my 2015 Icon to make it more of a traditional scrambler. It turned out pretty much as I had imagined...better performing and (I think) better looking. Went with black side panels, swapped out the stock exhaust for Zard high mount, more aggressive tires (Conti), new suspension front and rear (Ohlins), new seat, headlight grill, skid plate, oil cooler grill, wider pegs, rear rack, and gave up the swing arm license plate setup in favor of a tail tidy conversion kit. Now all I need is some warmer weather.
I la la la like it! What's the size of the front tyre?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I really like it. Nice job!

I'm heading down a similar route. I like the rear rack - would be good for mounting RotopaX fuel/water packs. What type did you use?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi vibration,
What do they ride like on the road? The wife wants them and I think they might be too much noise.
If these tires are any noisier, I'd never be able to detect it above the exhaust note of the Zard exhaust...which is very throaty sounding.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is the first time I've seen the Aluminium Headlight surround with the extra clamps... looks much tidier than the standard grill install option .. nice!
Expensive though!

So using this ...

With ...

With these ...

Instead of just having this surround

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ian, you're very observant. Yes, it was a costlier way to go, but I think it looks much better than the alternative.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any reason for a steering damper because of the knobbys? Wanted knobby's but scared i might have to cough up for a damper.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IMG_5920.JPG
Hi vibration,

I'm still unsure about the handling of the tyres, don't get me wrong your bike looks mint and I'm after a similar look but want to go 120 on the front similar to the original mad max bike but I don't want to kill the fun side with it not handling right, can you still crank the bike over in corners?

·
Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 29657 Hi vibration,

I'm still unsure about the handling of the tyres, don't get me wrong your bike looks mint and I'm after a similar look but want to go 120 on the front similar to the original mad max bike but I don't want to kill the fun side with it not handling right, can you still crank the bike over in corners?
Man,

Love what you did to yours. Do you regret not having a front fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
View attachment 29657 Hi vibration,

I'm not a speed demon and have no plans to go 120mph...65-70 is my comfort limit, so this was not a concern for me. When there was a break in the weather here I was able to ring up about 75 miles on the new tires, and apart from a slight tread vibration, I had no issues...cornering was fine...though, again, I'm not looking to drag a knee. I just ride for the fun of it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm not a speed demon and have no plans to go 120mph...65-70 is my comfort limit, so this was not a concern for me. When there was a break in the weather here I was able to ring up about 75 miles on the new tires, and apart from a slight tread vibration, I had no issues...cornering was fine...though, again, I'm not looking to drag a knee. I just ride for the fun of it.
I think that's my problem, I do like to give it full berries now and again and don't want to lose that feeling of speed. I love the look of yours but think I'll end up buying another set of mt's.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hey Armor is that your cool bike without a front fender?
I'm thinking of running my FTP without one.sm getting oil cooler, rectifier and engine protection.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts