Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Here is my Icon with a Urban Enduro fender, Urban Enduro brown seat, Dart midnight tint fly screen, and home grown saddle bags.

The saddle bags utilize the Urban Enduro mounts. Then I took 2 $38.00 dollar lap top bags and lined them with sheet metal on 3 sides and mounted them to the bike. The bags are canvas and leather and have an old school look.

Here are some pics
upload_2015-6-17_7-38-19.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-38-50.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-39-12.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-39-36.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-39-56.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-41-46.png

upload_2015-6-17_7-42-8.png

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bags are mounted to the Urban Enduro bag OEM hardware. The Urban Enduro soft waterproof bags are different sizes to account for the exhaust. My converted laptop bags are the same size for symmetry and ascetics. My initial road test to see if the exhaust side bag got too hot was on a 104 degree day in traffic. The bag temperature was fine. I had hoped that the Urban Enduro seat was a lighter shade of brown, but it is real dark. The UE seat also doesn't have the oddly placed ridge that the Icon seat has and it feels a little more cushiony.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wow, it looks good, too. Those bags are genius. Thank you for the pictures!

Sarah

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great job, I just ordered 2 military style musette bags and plan to do the same as you did, how did you mount the bags to the OEM bag mounts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great job, I just ordered 2 military style musette bags and plan to do the same as you did, how did you mount the bags to the OEM bag mounts?
I lined the bags with sheet aluminum and then used 4 rubber insulated P-clamps per bag. The aluminum sheeting is between the liner and the exterior material, so it is not visible from inside but adds shape and support. They are bolted up 4 to each bag with nyloc nuts and hardware. Everything has been great to date with several thousand miles ridden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts